Speed of net to internal hd

Hi, im new owener of this machine , i updated to last FW but i get worse speed transfering from my wired machines to WD. Is normal? or something weird in last FW? because really is a bad speed, only i get 1.25MB/s

That’s pretty bad. I get 9 to 11 megabytes per second to my Hub from my PCs…

Is a strange behaviour, because in my other lan pcs i get max speed without troubles, only the hub i get a worse speed. Can be a bug of new firmware? i read about auto negotion is get 10mb instead 100mb, is true? possible config no auto negotation?

greets

I’ve not heard of any autonegotiation issues with the Hub…   Mine negotiates 1000 every time…

The hub has a pretty slow processor.   It’s plenty fast for doing what it was designed to do:  Stream media.   But it’s not powerful enough to move files around efficiently.

On a good, healthy network, you should be able to get 9 to 11 megabytes per second copies.

I’ve not seen any differences in speed across ANY version of firmware.   

Hi,

isee more of guys with the same trouble and not yet a reasonable reply from WD team about the trouble, for example,

http://community.wdc.com/t5/General-Discussions/Fastest-way-to-transfer-files-from-computer-onto-Hub/td-p/100354

The idea is use the internal hd with a  decent speed, i have no troubles with my pcs of my lan, and same lan is put the wd hub. Now wanna know whats the trouble, gbit port of hub not work fine? or limited to 10mb?

now thinking this device is using like samba of linux, and i see the internal hd is ntfs format, this can be a trouble for fast transfer. Now i think , format the internal in ext3 is possible? guarrantee lost if i open the box?

Yes, it’s SAMBA under LINUX.

You’ll void your waranty if you open the case.

I doub’t you’ll be able to reformat it and still work, because the HUB is expecting to mount an NTFS filesystem, not an EXT3 filesystem.

enito wrote:

Hi, im new owener of this machine , i updated to last FW but i get worse speed transfering from my wired machines to WD. Is normal? or something weird in last FW? because really is a bad speed, only i get 1.25MB/s

Just out of curiosity, maybe you would be kind enough to read this

http://community.wdc.com/t5/Firmware/Network-speed/m-p/202858

and check if my strange “findings” makes any difference also in your case.

Hi,

yep ive read about this, but only thinking is true, cause you dont use dhcp server , and hub without use of this is more cpu free. But i dont think is the real fix, i think is a trouble of hub cause the transfer start fast and go to so slooowly , and the port is gbit. I tryed with a direct connection and same trouble, i hope next fw upgrade come A REAL fix