Speed issue between two my cloud drives

hi All.
I have two wd my cloud drives. They are on a gigabit wired connection on the same switch, within the same lan. Using brand new lan cables.
Running fw4.x

Between my Pc and wd drives I get sustained data transfer rates of about 75-80MB/s using samba mapped drive.
However data transfer between the two drives I.e copy paste a large file between the two mapped drives using my pic, I only get 50MB/s. Even that speed is not sustained and the transfer speed HEAVILY fluctuates up and down between 30-50MB/ sec.
Is it because of some tcp issues? I have tried using different pc, different router, switch,cables and get the same results.

If I had to guess, I’d say your PC is CPU-bound.

Doubt it, The PC is an intel i7 3.4GHZ, 16gb of ram. There is no cpu usage on the pc while copying data between the two wd drives.

The copy must be going via the PC, i.e. MC1-router-PC-router-MC2

So you have twice the traffic on your PC’s LAN port, so the transfer rate is about half the one-way rate.

cpt_paranoia wrote:

The copy must be going via the PC, i.e. MC1-router-PC-router-MC2

So you have twice the traffic on your PC’s LAN port, so the transfer rate is about half the one-way rate.

Yes it does go through the PC lan card for sure. So i guess your explanation does make some sense.