Sound out of sync on mkv files?

I bought WDTV (gen2 but not live)…it seams that some of my mkvs (h/x264, bluray rips,720p) are out of sync…on my PC everything is normal…I updated to the latest firmware…

Have you tried contacting WD for support on this?  You’re post has been here for a while, I would consider it.  You can do so either by phone or email.

To Contact WD for Technical Support
http://support.wdc.com/contact/index.asp?lang=en

yes I did and they told me they released a new firmware…and that firmware is for LIVE not for GEN2 :smileyvery-happy:

enough said…

btw in the meantime I found out that only MKVs with variable bit rate mode have problems with audio out of sync, when played in WDTV (gen2)…and Im not the only one with this problem…Now im sorry I bought this **** instead of mede8er…which is far better product in all aspects…

That last piece of information is good.  I’ll pass it along.  I know that they haven’t quit on WD TV (Gen 2), so hopefully, they’ll have a firmware out shortly that will address that issue.  Sorry for your frustration.  But thanks for reponding.

thank you and sorry for my words…Im frustrated…however I doubt we will see any new firmware updates for WDTV gen2…

Bill_S wrote:

That last piece of information is good.  I’ll pass it along.  I know that they haven’t quit on WD TV (Gen 2), so hopefully, they’ll have a firmware out shortly that will address that issue.  Sorry for your frustration.  But thanks for reponding.

Does this mean that they’e stopped supporting the WD TV (Gen 1)?

I think they stopped supporting both gen1 and gen2…

They better not have dropped support already.  My Gen1 is less than a year old.  If WD isn’t going to support their product any better than that I guess I made a mistake buying this thing.  I already stay away from their hard drives due to the mass amount of data I’ve seen people lose to WD drives through the years.   I was hoping my WDTV wouldn’t be a mistake too.

I too am having trouble with MKV file audio getting out of sync and not by just a little bit.  It’s so far off the video’s are rendered unwatchable.  Hopefully they will have a fix soon.

Well I think WD company lost  their credibility long ago…they used to be a serious company with quiality products…today they are nowhere near that…and they are loosing their customers already as told from my hardware dealer…dont care anymore…

Please use a tool like MediaInfo or gspot, preferably MediaInfo, and post the full stats of problematic video

I did that long ago and sent this to WD support team…and I said them that probably only MKVs with variable bit rate mode hav audio out of sync problem…

I’ve got the same problem with mkv’s and m2ts. The Delay ist about 100ms.

tragicomic isnt it? They advertise this product as HD player and you cant play HD content without sound out of sync…Then they ask you how you encoded your videos…thats funny since Mede8r doesnt have problems with audio out of sync no matter how videos were encoded…tragicomic…interesting is that they dont care they reputation is goin downwards…

1 Like