Sound delay problem on WD Media Player

Hi All,

Had my WD Media player about 6 months or so now, great little unit. Not had any problems until a few weeks ago.

Went to watch a movie and the sound had a slight delay to the video. Thought it must be the movie so tried another one, same thing. Every movie is the same with a slight delay.

I have tried other hard drives and they have the same problem so it is the media player that has the problem.

Also found when trying a film then going back to try another one there is nothing showing in the folders. It says folder empty, I have to reboot again to see the files in the folders.

Does anyone know what the problem might be and how to solve ? Many thanks, Leeno

Welcome to the forums.

The Live has had a problem with sound sync issues with MP4 files for quite some time.  What container are you using?

It’s spreaded all over the planet that all wdtvs have audio sync issues with any container and there is still no firmware fixing that. The forums are full of entries about that. The question is when will this be fixed finally. People are requesting this for many month already. Wouldn’t buy a WD-anything anymore again. Worst support ever. Really poor.

wdtvcrap wrote:

It’s spreaded all over the planet that all wdtvs have audio sync issues with any container and there is still no firmware fixing that. The forums are full of entries about that. The question is when will this be fixed finally. People are requesting this for many month already. Wouldn’t buy a WD-anything anymore again. Worst support ever. Really poor.

Given your user name, I see that you are not going to be much help to anybody on a community forum.

Well, don’t forget Rich that it’s “spreaded” all over the planet (the guy reminds me of Ralph Wiggins – “I failed English?  That’s unpossible.”

Always fun to look down on non native speakers.

Always fun to assume someone doesn’t have English as their native language, particularly when all evidence seems otherwise.

Sounds like you have the same problem as myself.

http://community.wdc.com/t5/Firmware/WDTV-Live-audio-delay-when-starting-file/td-p/22605

It doesn’t sound like the same issue; he is saying his audio is out of sync with video.   If I read your posts correctly, you’re saying you don’t get ANY audio for the first few seconds, and then everything is OK.   Did I misunderstand?

No you didn’t.