Sound and audio out of sync

This is in reference to downloaded files. Sometimes, with a film or tv show the file will begin in perfect sync, then gradually lose sync, until it’s noticeably out. What is the cause of this, and are there any fixes?

Does this happen when said files are played on your computer as well? This phenomenon is called micro-slutter.

I don’t believe so. Next time it happens, I’m going to check. It seems to get worse as the show proceeds. I’ll look the phenomenon up, but what do you do about it?

And thanks for responding!!

When you’re playing back, if you press ‘options’ you have a facility to change the lip sync (sorry it’s a bit vague, I haven’t got access to my WDTV at the moment as I have the decorators in). If it’s not right in the first place then it can get worse as you get further into the file. Just give it a tweak at the start and it may work for you.

It’s explained on Page 76 in the User Manual

The only problem with this, is that it appears his lipsinc issue gradually escalates.

I recently received a new replacement from support, and had the same issue with several files. I haven’t seen it since updated the firmware.

If it only happening with “Several Files” out of 100’s or 1000’s ?

Then i would blame the files and not the WDTV