Sorting bug in WD 2go

The Shared Music directory on my My Book has 4,700 directories in it.  They appear fine and sort in whatever order is requested when accessed by any OS on one of my desktop machines.  In WD 2go, all directories appear to be there (no count so I can’t be certain), but regardless of the requested sort order, followed by a refresh, they are not sorted correctly.  For example, if sorted by Date Ascending (and then refrehsed), the first directory in the list might be the 18th directory if sorted correctly, then the 35th and 36th directories, etc.  The group that is presented are sorted as requested, but skipping directories.  Then it starts over for a different, but properly sorted selection of the directories it presents.  So for example, if the proper sort order of 10 directories would have them listed as 10, 9, 8, …, 2, 1 I would get [8, 5, 4,] [10, 7, 1,] [9, 6, 3, 2] (brackets added to illustrate proper sorting within random groups but in reality these are displayed as a contiguous list).  By having multiple seemingly random groups with each group sorted as requested, I can’t find the directory I am looking for.  Add that there’s no search function and this is more or less useless for my needs.

Check if the same problem happens after updating to the latest firmware.

Checked for an update and the message I received said that my firmware was up to date.  Currently installed version is MyBookLive 02.11.09-053 : Core F/W.  So the sorting issue is occuring with the latest firmware.

I’m not sure I understand your question.

Which WD 2go client are you using?   Apple, Android, PC (via WD 2go website) or MAC?

As far as I can tell, the Apple client doesn’t have a sort option, so I don’t guess that’s it.

The PC (Windows) Client sorts based on however you set Explorer to sort, and at least in my case, the sorting is correct.

My apologies, I was referring to WD 2go for Android.  Other access methods I’ve tried seem to work fine.  Anything else need to be clarified?