Sonos & My Cloud Home Duo

Sonos can’t see my NAS stored music files - most likely because I want to access them on a shared drive and the MCHDuo only provides shared functionality through its App rather than through a conventional windows explorer route.
My previous My Book NAS worked perfectly with Sonos. It then died. I now have a My Cloud Home Duo. If I put my music onto the conventional public folder - this is not shared beyond my LAN

Any thoughts?
Thanks.

See the dedicated subforum for the My Cloud Home Duo where people more familiar with that unit may be able to assist and where you can search (magnifying glass icon upper right) for Sonos to see if there are similar discussions. This subforum (My Cloud) is generally for the single bay/single drive My Cloud units which are different than the My Cloud Home units.

https://community.wd.com/c/home-cloud-storage/my-cloud-home-duo

1 Like

Sonos has now added the My Cloud home as a service. You can add the My Cloud home Service to the Sonos device and it will be able to access files stored in the private user space. See the knowledge base article below for instructions.