Some users experiencing empty folders?

I have a MY CLOUD EX2 ULTRA with approx 10 users. I am able to access files and everything seems to be there, but I have a handful of users that are accessing the same folders via file explorer and cant see what I can see (some of the files are seemingly not there)…this is new problem, nothing has really changed. Its is causing a lot of frustration, can anyone help??

Anyone? WD? Any ideas?

I am having the same issue as of recently, 2 days ago. Not certain what is happening. The folders/files are visible in the Cloud software but not in Windows Explorer or in File Manager on my Android device.
Very frustrating

Making it completely unable. And what happens if suddenly I can’t see the files which is bound to happen??? Have you contacted WD, I have not yet but I’ve had the drive for more than 90 days. Will they still help?

not certain if they will help. It’s likely some strange permission/hide flag that is being placed on the files

figured out, in case anyone was interested, my NAS running NZBGET was giving NO read permissions to the Others , so I ran the chmod o+r and the file is now visible. Funny thing is that this happens with only certain downloads, not every file

Wish I knew what that meant lol. Above my pay grade. Not sure why/how some folder are just fine, but others are not.

you can ssh into your device and then navigate to the folders and then check the permissions on the folder
Enable SSH on your device (it will require you set a password)
Use Putty to ssh into the device using the IP address and then input your password you just set
navigate to the folder location

if you are not certain how just brush up on some basic linux commands like cd, ls -l ,find the folder and do a ls -l to see the permissions and likely there are no permissions set for either group or Others

Hello WD,

I have a less than a year old EX2 Ultra 16TB set up as an 8TB RAID. One large directory in my RAID recently had all its folders go empty. I checked the permissions, and they seem fine. What could have happened? Is there a way to restore to a previous version? I’m using mac os. What are my options to recover this data?

Thanks so much!
Bryan