Some things I haven't found out

Understood…but be aware that you’ll be very rarely rebooting your Mirror. And there is a way to minimize the work by backing up one of the edited file…so on the very rare occasion that you do need to bring back the changes after a reboot, you just have to ssh in and overwrite one file with the backed up version. But that’s fine, if you don’t think that’s for you.

And if you are interested about the ftp bug workaround (which persists after reboots), see my post here → http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-My-Cloud-EX2/FTP-Functionality/m-p/756210#M725

Another tip I’d say here…if you are searching for answers to some question, don’t just use the search feature in this sub-forum, but also search in the EX2 subforum. The EX2 is very similar to the Mirror in terms of hardware and software. And since the EX2 came out about 2-2 1/2months before Mirror, more questions have been asked about the EX2 than the mirror. Same goes for EX4 too, which came out almost 5-6 months before EX2…but the EX4 is a bit more different than the EX2 and Mirror, and not just the number of drive bays but the processor as well.

And btw, if someone answers your question (not saying I have but Tony has), it’s a good idea to thank them by giving them a kudo by clicking on the star right below their username, on the left side of the post that answered that question. And you’ve already done the other part…marking a post as a solution…that benefits other community members if they have same question/issue as you.

1 Like