Some questions regarding media

I was unsure as to which forum this needed to be in but I had a couple of random questions in regards to media and the way it needs to be organized. If any of this has been answered previously, I apologise and would follow any links to the relevant post.

1. I have several movies that have been broken into two parts and am wondering if there is a way to merge them into one media file.

Example: Ben-Hur Pt 1.avi

Ben-Hur Pt 2.avi

1. I noticed in regards to putting the movies in order in the movie folder when trying to set up the moveisheets and thumbgen, there is a space between the different movies. Is this necessary for the program to work and if so how is it accompolished?

Example:  Batman Begins.avi

Batman Begins.jpeg

Batman Begins.xml

The Dark Knight.avi

The Dark Knight.jpeg

The Dark Knight.xml

And so on.

1. I recently downloaded the Darklight theme (which looks great!) and as I said, am in the process of trying to set up moviesheets and stuff for the movies. I am curious: is there an equivalent for music? I have seen some stuff on the forums here but not how to implement it. Or if so, I missed it.

Thanks in advance for any help.

1. Try mkvtoolnix (mkvmerge), which you can use to combine the 2 parts.

2. Not sure what you mean by “there is a space between the different movies”.  If you are talking about the space as it’s listed, then there is no actual space, if you have seen it posted this way it’s just so that the list doesn’t run together. On your drive it would just look like this:

Batman Begins.avi

Batman Begins.jpeg

Batman Begins.xml

The Dark Knight.avi

The Dark Knight.jpeg

The Dark Knight.xml

1. I’m glad you like the theme, but the themes that use “moviesheets” for music are actually using a trick.  There is no normal way to display moviesheets for anything other than Video Gallery View on the SMP or HUB.  The reason I did not do something similar for Darklight is because it takes a lot of work and time to do this for music.  You would have to manually download every backdrop that  you would use for every album as Thumbgen does not naturally scrape for music.
1 Like

That answered my questions, thank you. Shame about the music bit but I completely understand on the difficulty of trying to do something like that. Thanks for all your work and efforts!

One question: is the link you posted just for .mkv files? I couldn’t see anything on their site that said anything about avi.

Edit: Nevermind. I found a plethora of programs that can do this just doing a simple search…something my lazy self should have done in the first place.  Thanks though!