Some questions (popcorn hour owner)

i have an a-300 have had previous models as well

theres to many bugs that dont get updated so im looking to possibly move to a different player

a few questions

i plan to play 720/1080p movies with dts sound and shows at 720/1080p with dolby digital 5.1 amongst other formats

first is there any current major bugs?

my major question is i know previously you couldnt use a usb hub has that changed now

my setup is as follow i have one flash drive plugged into the front of my popcorn hour and a usb hub plugged into the back with 7 2tb drives and 1 3tb would this work on the wd?

i also have an internal drive in the popcorn hour and i know the live hub comes with a drive in there would i be able to replace that drive with my drive or any other drive?

usb hubs are supported

3TB drives are generally supported - although some users have reported problems with certain models

in general I don’t see any problems with the set up you describe

There are bugs with the WD devices, but it sort of depends on what you use your media player for if you will notice them or not

personally the one I have issue with, well I have a work around

NFS only works over udp, not tcp

doesn’t sound like this will be an issue in your set up

the media library also has some bugs with compiling the library, which many people have reported

enough that quite a few people refuse to use it

and just browse by file/folder

others like my dad, swear the media library works better than the C-300

I’ve also had a little experience with the C-300’s

my dad had two C-300’s - he switched to the WD SMP because he got tired of bugs on the C-300

and I might add he’s currently pretty happy with the switch

still not sure if i should replace my pch a300 with a wd i have 2 issues with the popcorn hour one being mkv micro stuttering ive seen conflicting reports on whether this happens on the the wd too and my other problem is related to auto frame rate that i lose signal after a certain amount played and have to restart the player to get it working again

I have some questions about the wd

ive always used popcorn hours so here is some questions

Can i copy from drive to drive through ui?

I have all drives attached to my popcorn hour showing on my windows pc can I accomplish this?

can i mark things as watched in basic file browser?

does internal drive need to be formatted? is there apps that need to be installed?

What are current known bugs?

Coming from popcorn hour is there auto framerate and any issues with it?

is there a headphone jack?

Is there a usb slave?

also i name my drives within windows will those names show up for the drive in the file browser like it does on my a-300

i think thats all my questions for now if i can get answers to these it would be greatly appreciated

I can answer a few questions with confidence…

Can i copy from drive to drive through ui?

If you attach an external hard drive … yes, you can copy/move files from external hdd to internal and vice-versa through the UI.

I have all drives attached to my popcorn hour showing on my windows pc can I accomplish this?

Yes, with WD-Link Software you can Map Network Drives to your PC (you can map the WDTV Live Hub Internal Drive and any attached External drives connected to the WDTV Live Hub to your PC)

can I mark things as watched in basic file browser?

With the Media Library Enabled, the ‘Watched Status’ is automatic. There is no Manual tagging of files as “Watched” AFAIK

does internal drive need to be formatted? Is there apps that need to be installed?

No. (Unless you want to delete all your Media from the Internal drive) 

Installing individual “Apps” is not supported … “Apps” are included in WD “Firmware” releases

is there a headphone jack?

No 

Is there a USB slave?

There’s 2 USB Ports.  1 on the Front, and the other on the Back of the WDTV Live Hub reserved for external hard drives,  flash/thumb drives, keyboards, mouse, ipods ( ipod touch not supported because it is not a mass storage device)

You can not directly connect the WDTV Live Hub to your PC via USB cable.

also I name my drives within windows will those names show up for the drive in the file browser like it does on my a-300

Yes

Is there a USB slave?

There’s 2 USB Ports.  1 on the Front, and the other on the Back of the WDTV Live Hub

Neither of which is a USB SLAVE. :frowning:

thanks fththemi, accidently left out the rest of the info (edited: above)