Some nooby questions about changing detaills of the default theme

I have two theming questions:

1)My folderstructure looks like this:

Movies/“moviename”/(.avis + backdrops + .xml)

Therefore on the “moviename” folder level there are no xml. files → “n.a.” everywhere

Because of that I want to delete the displaying of the xml-infos on this level. Is this possible?

In addition the striked symbols (weather etc.) are needless for me, can I remove them for having a better sight on the backdrop :slight_smile: ? (the cover on the left is also dispensable, I think…)

1. Can I replace the default rating with the imdb-Rating like on this pic?

Hi, I would try asking DeVicious or Tinwarble to participate on this thread. 

rv_gallery_browse_page.xml

remove these lines…

<include filename=“./rv_browse_common_widgets_new.xml”/>

<image image=“@@rating” x=“252” y=“217” w=“124” h=“21” align=“hcenter”/>

decoration.xml

remove this line …

<include filename=“./inc_weather.xml” />

rv_browse_common_widgets.xml

remove this line…

<image image=“@@info_icon” x=“55” y=“71” w=“90” h=“90”/>

To have an IMDB Rating Image, you will need to create it on a Moviesheet or as a Linksheet Icon

1 Like

Thanks Joey, it works well! :slight_smile: Your linksheet instructions, you told me in the other thread, are also working.

Do you know, how I can get rid of the coverbox on the upper left?

And how can I turn off the displaying of xml infos?

rv_gallery_browse_page.xml

For the xml info, delete the lines:

<text x=“254” y=“252” w=“380” h=“20” text=“@@year” fontsize=“18” textcolor=“0xffffff” align=“left” />
  <text x=“645” y=“252” w=“580” h=“20” text=“@@genre” fontsize=“18” textcolor=“0xffffff” align=“left” />
  <text x=“645” y=“286” w=“580” h=“20” text=“@@director” fontsize=“18” textcolor=“0xffffff” align=“left” />
  <text x=“254” y=“286” w=“380” h=“20” text=“@@totaltime” fontsize=“18” textcolor=“0xffffff” align=“left” />
  <text x=“254” y=“320” w=“970” h=“20” text=“@@actor” fontsize=“18” textcolor=“0xffffff” align=“left” />
  <text x=“254” y=“358” w=“970” h=“80” text=“@@overview” fontsize=“18” numlines=“3” textcolor=“0xffffff” align=“left” />

For the cover delete the lines:

<image image=“@@poster_bg” x=“57” y=“172” w=“176” h=“261” align=“hcenter” />
    <image image=“@@poster” x=“57” y=“172” w=“176” h=“261” align=“hcenter” />

Most of this is covered here: http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-Themes/XML-DATABASE-formerly-Request-for-all-Themers/m-p/125086/highlight/true#M45

To keep anything from displaying, just delete it from the xml.

1 Like

One last problem:

Since I modified the xmls for changing the design, the normal backdrops are not displayed any longer. :cry:

How can I fix this problem?

And can I force the SMP not to display subitem: “NA” if there is no xml for the corresponding file?

EDIT: Some cover or moviesheets are only displayed in folder view, while other are only displayed in TV-series-view?

(but most of them work in both views). Do you know the reason?

Since I modified the xmls for changing the design, the normal backdrops are not displayed any longer. 

How can I fix this problem?

So i’m assuming you’re using Linksheets for Folders and Normal Moviesheets for Files ?

There must be Breaking Bad s01e01_sheet.jpg in your tv/movie XML + Breaking Bad s01e01_sheet.jpg in the same Folder as your files.

And can I force the SMP not to display subitem: “NA” if there is no xml for the corresponding file?

You can’t unless you delete the label entirely in the Theme (see Tinwarbles post above)

Or maybe the Folder extension trick will work …  (and of course you will have to rename the Linksheets accordingly)

eg.

Breaking Bad.avi   ----- this is a Folder renamed with a media extension

Breaking Bad.xml  ----- this XML contains an show information (do not put this inside the folder)

This trick worked with my Live Hub(on old firmware)  to display Metadata for a folder … and you must use Linksheets for a backdrop

More info here: http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-Themes/Folder-Metadata-trick-for-FW2-04-13/td-p/254820

EDIT: Some cover or moviesheets are only displayed in folder view, while other are only displayed in TV-series-view?

(but most of them work in both views). Do you know the reason?

I can’t answer that without seeing how your files / folders are set up.

Carefully compare any differences between the working and non-working ones to see what the problem could be.

So i’m assuming you’re using Linksheets for Folders and Normal Moviesheets for Files ?

There must be <backdrop>Breaking Bad s01e01_sheet.jpg</backdrop> in your tv/movie XML + Breaking Bad s01e01_sheet.jpg in the same Folder as your files.

No, I use Linksheets only for my series folders (because of the 30 MB limit, my series linksheets are already 11 MB). For movies and the episodes I use the default Mochi displaying with xmls (backdrops & xmls created with ThumGen).

But now, the backdrops are no longer displayed…

I can’t answer that without seeing how your files / folders are set up.

Carefully compare any differences between the working and non-working ones to see what the problem could be.

I repaired it for folder view, so its ok (I dont really need the series mode). The linkssheets, which are not displayed in series mode have surely the right name, strange. :wink:

Or maybe the Folder extension trick will work …  (and of course you will have to rename the Linksheets accordingly)

eg.

Breaking Bad.avi   ----- this is a Folder renamed with a media extension

Breaking Bad.xml  ----- this XML contains an show information (do not put this inside the folder)

Yes, that works, I already tested it. But actual I dont want the SMP to display any xml information in the series folder, I want free sight on my linksheet.  :wink:

If I modify the xml, than the SMP wont display the needed xml infos of my movies. Propably I have to use moviesheets for my movies and episodes to solve this problem. Can I use moviesheets with Mochi?

Summing up, I can live with the xml problem, but the problem with the missing displaying of backdrops is really annoying.

EDIT: The SMP is kidding me…every time I reboot, the design changes. :smileyvery-happy:

Actually there are no xml infos on folder level, but on file level and the backdrops work again (Yeah!). But the upper left cover, which I dont want to display, is also back again. The corresponding code lines are definitely deleted from the xml. Very, very strange…

And I replaced the line for the rating (<image image="@@rating…) by 

<text x=”252 y=”217 w=”124 h=”21 text=”@@rating fontsize=”18 textcolor=”0xffffff align=”left/>”

Hoped that would replace the rating stars by the imdb rating of the xml. But I dont work…do you know why?

There are different other xmls dealing with metadata displaying, I thing I have to change it in another one?