[SOLVE] Just display information of the movie

Hi, first, very sorry for my poor english! Be :smileyvery-happy: with me!

So, i’ve buy a GEN3 WDTVLive player… very good unit, i’ve found the way to display the cover of the movie, but not the information (like the time, date, information, etc.)

In my movie folder I have the XYZ.MKV and the XYZ.JPG (using ThumbGen 1.1.4)

Check this image i’ve take from my ipod

So how to display the other information?

FW 1.05.18

Product WDBHG70000NBK

Connection type: Wired

Media stream: Windows Share from my PC (notting connected to the player)

Windows 7 Ultimate

Thanks alot to help me!

dont use thumbgen really for movie sheets on SMP, not yet anyway,

the information your wanting to be displayed while you browse is stored in the xml files,

use this tool to create them and you will be pleased :slight_smile:

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-General/v2-1-released-WDTVHubGen-Looks-up-Movies-TV-Shows-and-creates/td-p/160548

Rambytes, you can also do it via the Live menus.  Change your CONTENT SOURCE to “My Media Library” (or whatever it is in your language), browse to the movie, hit OPTIONS, then “Get Content Info.”

Can you help me to do that? i’ve browse the menu of the player and I don’t see any menu for this.

I’ve put my player in english, so i’m ready for the help…

From the main menu, where i should go now?

(because if I press OPTION with the movie selected, I only have MOVE, COPY, DELETE, UPLOAD TO FACEBOOK and SELECT MULTIPLE)

madweegie wrote:

dont use thumbgen really for movie sheets on SMP, not yet anyway,

the information your wanting to be displayed while you browse is stored in the xml files,

use this tool to create them and you will be pleased :slight_smile:

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-General/v2-1-released-WDTVHubGen-Looks-up-Movies-TV-Shows-and-creates/td-p/160548

Mmmm… The software crash everytime… i have .NET on my Windows (x64)…

Press the RED BUTTON.

Select “My Media Library.”

I don’t have this option!

Example, i browse into my “Austin Power” folder. I choose Austin Power 1, press the red button and the only option I have is “LOCAL STORAGE”, MEDIA SERVER, NETWORK SHARE and ONLINE SERVICE"

Nothing else…

Does I need to activate a option in the setting of the player??? i’m very confuse…

Ok… i’ve found, i need to ADD the network share into the library and after i can scan for the information!

Thanks alot!!!

:slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

How do you get Celsius instead of Fahrenheit?

When I’ve start the player for the first time, i’ve choose my city, and after that, i’ve got the possibility to choose between oF and oC. With the new firmware, go in Accuweather, and setting… you will get the oF/oC setting there!

To return with my problem, how can I change the site where the player check for the information, because i’m looking for a french description instead of english. That only what is missing… otherwise i need to edit manually all the XML file, very long… When I want to add a website (the default in the player is TheMovieDB.org Meta-Source, but when I want to add another i’ve got a error tell me «No storage present» (from Setting > System > Meta-Source Manager)

Thanks for this last question!

I have yet to find a way of how to remove the Entries when just being on a folder for example :

Folder Movie has several subfolders of different genres like Adventure, Comedy, Drama Sci-Fi.

When being on the level that has the movie directory & using the Gallery view with the latest firm ware you will have being displayed things like Date: N/A, Director: N/A, Actor: N/A, Running Time: N/A and one or two others. Even though I am using the MOJO theme when using Gallery view it expects media content and is now smart enough to realize there is no content here so let me not display the names of the fields that should have content,

It also doesn’t matter if you put a dummy content file in there to trick it into thinking this is the information that goes in there and no matter what XML file you use or put into it, you will only get valid data if you have content in there that can be indexed.

Hopefully when they fix the newly introduced bug of not displaying the Foldeer.jpg they will also disable displaying content specific fields when there is no content present.