Solid Yellow and not booting in MyBookLive 2 TB

Hi Guys

I recently tried to move all files from my MyBookLive 2 TB NAS drive. Suddenly it remains in solid yellow and not changing to solid green.

After reading forum, I tried to change another network cable, tried reset on rear side using paper clip many times. Nothing helped. Seems it is not booting. I tried to unplug and plug many times too.

I have cut and moved some folder like Shared Pictures, Shared Music, Shared Videos to a new hard disk. Could that have caused this issue?

Please kindly help. Is there any way to make it work again. Otherwise, I have moved most of the data from it.

Many thanks
Jay

Hi jjay,

Have you tried to connect the My Book Live directly to the computer via Ethernet cable? Also, when you unplug the Ethernet cable from the router does the LED in front of the My Book live change?

@alex.s Thanks mate. Yes I read many posts on this forum and tried that. I plugged the ethernet cable directly from computer to the MBL but the LED light remained in solid yellow. When I unplugged the ethernet cable there is no change in the LED.

Now I have removed the hard disk safely from the MBL case. I tried to read it in Ubuntu and it listed the drive as sbc with 1.8 TB. But not able to mount it, it gave some error like ‘input/output error’.

I read this post to unbrick, should I try this?

If I format the drive fully, is it possible to restore back to use inside MBL. Are there steps available to do that?

I have also bought a case for this hard disk with power supply.
Last option I would just format it and use as external drive. Will it work that way?
However, I wish to know if it would every possible to put it back in MBL and use it as NAS drive as before?

Hi jjay,

It seems like the drive has gone bad, but still you should try contacting WD’s Technical Support about this.

To Contact WD for Technical Support

https://support.wdc.com/support/case.aspx?lang=en

The link below will allow you to call support.

Thanks mate I contacted them, They said as warrnty is over, asked to throw the drive and buy new drive. :frowning:
Such a nice support.

When I connected to MacBook it shows the drive in Device Manager, but as unformatted or un initialised something like that.
Should I try to format it.

Hi jjay,

If you have the backup of the data then you can try to format the drive. As formatting is data destructive and cannot be undone.

Yes I have backed up most of the data. Will try that as last option.

If I buy a new disk or if this disk works fine after formatting, is there any way to prepare the disk to put it back in MBL? Are there information available for that? Thanks

Hi jjay,

As we never recommend to take out the internal drive from the My Book live enclosure, so we are not sure that it would work or not. But you should give it a try.