Software Update - WD SmartWare Version 1.6.4 for Windows (10/10/12)

@WagWaf

hi mate, it still seems to be a big problem with the smartware, i must admit mine is faultless on xp.

i had just formatted my drive for other reasons when i upgraded to the new version, but within a few hours it was fine with everything backed up and no cpu issues.

i did get some good input from one of the WD staff when i submitted a support email, the result of which i posted somewhere in the previous thread, which did seem to sort a few people but it seems like with a new release comes new problems not seen before.

i would advise anyone to try and contact the WD support via email and see how it goes. i have had very good results to no response at all in the past so a bit of pot luck.

i am finding it hard to help people as i haven’t had the issues they are having so haven’t worked out a solution.

the link below is to an earlier thread which in turn links back to the post i copied from the support email i received

hope it helps someone

its my post that starts hi giribit

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-Software/Software-Update-WD-SmartWare-Version-1-6-2-for-Windows-7-30-12/td-p/445992/page/2