Software Update - WD SmartWare Version 1.6.0 for Windows (5/9/12)

I also noted the issue with 1.6.0 conflicting with Windows 7 64 bit power management where the sleep mode will not work when scheduled in windows 7.  I was told that the option was removed on the latest version 1.6.0 smartware.  Amazing that WD would write software that conflicts and prevents windows 7 from going to sleep.  See my post: http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-Smartware/WD-SmartWare-Version-1-6-0/td-p/407978

I wish I would have saved the prior version of WD software before I cleared the external drive as I now have no way of reverting back to prior version and no scheduling capability in windows for sleep mode when I am not at my PC.  WD Smartware is such a winner!  Nothing but problems for years as a resource hog.  Then I buy a brand new PC to reduce resource issues and load the new version 1.6.0 smartware and now can’t even schedule the $1500.00 PC to go to sleep.  I have spent so much time and resources on their nightmare software over the years that I wish I had never purchased two of their drives.