So will there be anymore upgrades for My Cloud (fw 04.xx.xx-xxx)

So I have a model “My Cloud WDBCTLxxxxxxx-00 (fw 04.xx.xx-xxx)” that is not on the list for upgrade to 5.0. Does this mean the product will not be getting anymore firmware upgrades?

Thought so… Oh well… it is still working. Guess I will just hang on to it until EOL.

I just received a message from my device about a firmware update. Unfortunately, it appears the only update is a popup notification. Not worth overwriting all of the custom software additions I have on my system.

Firmware Version 04.05.00-353 (11/17/2021)
• Added the following pop-up notification message to inform users about end of support for
prior generations of My Cloud OS. Here is the entire message:
On April 15, 2022, support for prior generations of My Cloud OS, including My Cloud OS 3,
will end. Your device isn’t compatible with critical security updates that are only available
for My Cloud OS 5-compatible devices. As a result, you’ll only be able to access it locally.
After April 15, 2022, your device will no longer receive remote access, security updates, or
technical support. To help protect your content, we recommend that you back up your device,
disconnect it from the internet, and protect it with a strong, unique password. Check out our
recent My Cloud updates to learn more

I also got that message. I take it they will issue a firmware update to remove the “Cloud Access” tab or it will be grayed out?

Try the correct subforums such as My Cloud or OS3 for more answers.