So annoyed! Router keeps on locking up!

I am so annoyed with the My net central’s everyday lockups (sometimes 2-3 times in a day). Stupid router can not handle multiple connections, specially when transferring to/from the internal hdd. I was so happy with the features this router offers but if they dont work what good are they?

At this point, I am running my DLink 4500 Gaming router as primary (wired) and then WD Central as secondary wireless router. It is so annoying because now, my wired connections cannot see internal hdd of central.

It is running the latest firmware, I am not sure if anyone else has any luck running an older firmware?

I am also running a cooling pad under the router (so heat up is out of question).

I annoyed to the point that I wish I would have bought a separate router and a external drive because this combo does not seem to be working (and I think it applies to most people who own My net central).

I appreciate the feedback/help anyone can provide.

modi - How is your N900C connected to your Dlink? WAN port of N900C or LAN port?

1st Lan port of D-Link and WAN port of N900 Central

So your wired clients on the N900C LAN still cannot see the internal drive?

Of course the wired clients on the Dlink won’t be able to see the N900C internal drive.

How about your wireless clients?

Is this with SMB (windows or Mac) or DLNA?

Rob21719 wrote:

So your wired clients on the N900C LAN still cannot see the internal drive?

Of course the wired clients on the Dlink won’t be able to see the N900C internal drive.

How about your wireless clients?

Is this with SMB (windows or Mac) or DLNA?

every connection out of my Net Central can see the internal Hdd… it is obvious but connections out of D-link could not see it. And thats why I was annoyed because those wired connections (out of Dlink) were there bcoz of hang-ups of WD router.

Currently, I am back to one router (WD net central) and removed D-link completely.

If I understood your previous setup correctly, any device on the LAN of the dlink could not see the internal drive or the N900C when the N900C is connected to the dlink via it’s WAN port.

If that was you previous setup, any device on your dlink LAN port should not be able to see the internal drive.

If you need the dlink in your setup, you can put the N900C in AP mode.

That is correct Rob. However, when I put N900 Central in AP mode, the internal drive option is gone. Also, the WD2Go service stops working as well. Thus when it goes in AP mode, it just becomes a simple router (actually an Access point).

I am currently testing a beta firmware and it seems to be working fine (it seems really promising!)

Yeah the wd2go doesn’t work in AP mode. But I’m surprised to hear your internal drive is not accessible in AP mode. An experiment you can try after your current test

Beta seems to be good so far… everything is up n running. I just hope I dont have to even put the router in AP mode lol.

modi_lucky wrote:

Beta seems to be good so far… everything is up n running. I just hope I dont have to even put the router in AP mode lol.

Lucky dog, how did you get a beta?  hopefully there is some decent HDD speeds to match the stability