SMP themes for 1.06

Is there a list of confirmed themes that work for SMP 1.06 firmware?

I have tried Mojo, but there seems to be some issues with it - probably due to firmware updates.

I’m wondering if there are any other SMP themes that can be confirmed 100% operational on 1.06?

There was some talk of Andonized/Akaska themes working for SMP, but I do not know if they work for 1.06.

Also am I only able to flash 1 custom theme at a time on the SMP? I read that in a post some where.

Thanks.

Fennec wrote:

Is there a list of confirmed themes that work for SMP 1.06 firmware?

I have tried Mojo, but there seems to be some issues with it - probably due to firmware updates.

I’m wondering if there are any other SMP themes that can be confirmed 100% operational on 1.06?

There was some talk of Andonized/Akaska themes working for SMP, but I do not know if they work for 1.06.

Also am I only able to flash 1 custom theme at a time on the SMP? I read that in a post some where.

Thanks.

I rolled back to V 1.04.12 after upgrading to V 1.06 and having problems with it. So unless you need V1.06 why not rollback, I have loaded Mojo and addons o.k, Alaska o.k, Darklight (beta) o.k and Aeonish o.k all on V1.04.12.

I never tried V1.05.

The default Mochi theme is always in flash along with the current one you are using, so yes only able to flash 1 additional theme.

Cheers

Thanks for the post ritaben…

I was also considering a firmware rollback to 1.04 to see if the mojo theme would work better.

But I didn’t want to go through the effort if it wasn’t going to fix anything.

I thought Darklight was for the HUB and that it was eventually going to get ported to the SMP…

But you’re saying that Darklight works perfectly on 1.04 SMP FW?

I guess I’ll have to check it out.

I use Anodized on 1.06 with no issues. The only thing you have to do is copy some animation phases for the main menu and rename them to prevent them from looking odd… I posted the details in the Anodized thread in the Hub themes section.

I use the Mojo theme with the latest firmware without any problems. Just modifying this theme and learning the basics. :slight_smile:

Delphicreator - Which Mojo theme? Darklight beta?
How did you get the movie cover art to display correctly? I.e. To keep the cover thumbs from cutting off at the bottom and to include the transparency effect?

As far as I was aware these things only work on an earlier firmware like 1.04. The .png to .jpg rename trick doesn’t work.

I downloaded the "Mojo for SMP" from a link, posted in the TV Hub Forum. It works fine with the 1.06 Firmware as well.

Then I modified some f graphics and changed some xml-files.

Since I am at the beginning (and don't have much time) I modified just the home screen and the Large Video Browser.

Here a part of the xml-file:

<!--thumbnail_top-->
<wrapper w="147" h="211" align="left" scale_type="pan" scale="100" selected_scale="100">
<image name="th0" image="@@browse_0_thumbnail" default_image="@@default_thumbnail_0" x="64" y="191" w="147" h="211" scale_type="pan" scale="100"></image>
<image name="th1" image="@@browse_1_thumbnail" default_image="@@default_thumbnail_1" x="230" y="191" w="147" h="211" scale_type="pan" scale="100"></image>
<image name="th2" image="@@browse_2_thumbnail" default_image="@@default_thumbnail_2" x="398" y="191" w="147" h="211" scale_type="pan" scale="100"></image>
<image name="th3" image="@@browse_3_thumbnail" default_image="@@default_thumbnail_3" x="562" y="191" w="147" h="211" scale_type="pan" scale="100"></image>
<image name="th4" image="@@browse_4_thumbnail" default_image="@@default_thumbnail_4" x="728" y="191" w="147" h="211" scale_type="pan" scale="100"></image>
<image name="th5" image="@@browse_5_thumbnail" default_image="@@default_thumbnail_5" x="894" y="191" w="147" h="211" scale_type="pan" scale="100"></image>
<image name="th6" image="@@browse_6_thumbnail" default_image="@@default_thumbnail_6" x="1060" y="191" w="147" h="211" scale_type="pan" scale="100"></image>
</wrapper>

<!--background_top rv_browse_page_bg = \image\LargeVideo\large_video_gallery_thumbnail_bg.png -->
<wrapper w="155" h="241" scale="100">
<image image="@@rv_browse_page_bg_0" x="64" y="170" w="155" h="241" scale="100"></image>
<image image="@@rv_browse_page_bg_1" x="230" y="170" w="155" h="241" scale="100"></image>
<image image="@@rv_browse_page_bg_2" x="396" y="170" w="155" h="241" scale="100"></image>
<image image="@@rv_browse_page_bg_3" x="562" y="170" w="155" h="241" scale="100"></image>
<image image="@@rv_browse_page_bg_4" x="728" y="170" w="155" h="241" scale="100"></image>
<image image="@@rv_browse_page_bg_5" x="894" y="170" w="155" h="241" scale="100"></image>
<image image="@@rv_browse_page_bg_6" x="1060" y="170" w="155" h="241" scale="100"></image>
</wrapper>

Have a look on these (bad) snapshots:

http://www.beckersoft.de/wd/mojo_mod1.jpg

http://www.beckersoft.de/wd/mojo_mod2.jpg

I use the graphic of a Bluray Box as Background for the thumbnails. The scaling works fine; I don't know what you mean by "transparency of the thumbs".

1 Like

Ok, I’m guessing this is a modified Mojo Darklight theme?

I was trying to ask people if they got the themes working as intended on 1.06 (without their own personal modifications.)

This is NOT working as intended being that you modified the theme.

In the original Mojo and in Darklight if you look at the bottom of the cover art thumbnails you will see a transperancy effect. (I.e. Part of the cover art is projected downward like a reflection on the UI.) All you have to do is look at the screen shots for Mojo and Darklight to understand what I am saying. 

You do not have that effect in your screen shots and  that is what is apparently broken in 1.06.

OK, I got it.

I don’t think the transparency has something to do with the firmware version.

I found this in the meta.mxl of the mojo theme:

<…To get the most out of this theme, you will need to use my Thumbgen Cover Box templates, which can be downloaded at: http://www.mediafire.com/?wz2hioz2t1ct2yq. Without these Cover Boxes you will not be able to have the reflections display as shown on the screenshots…>

No idea how it works till now though. He perhaps uses moviesheets.

I do use his Thumbgen cover box templates…

I do generate moviesheets via thumbgen following his written guide and his video guide. I use HIS moviesheets…

I do believe that it is the firmware version as I’ve been reading through quite a few posts on the HUB forum, and most of the theme developers are not working with the later firmware versions for the HUB because they do not support .PNG, or the trick they were using does not work anymore. Something to that degree.

Being that the cover art generated using his templates is .PNG (which you change to .JPG) that probably has something to do with it NOT working on later firmware versions. However I did read one post wherein the poster said Darklight is working perfectly on the latest HUB firmware version.

Granted no one really offers much in the way of specifics. I could technically say that MOJO is working for 1.06 SMP which would not be a lie, because it is… I’m just lacking the transperancy effects on the cover boxes. So essentially not everything on the theme is operational for 1.06 unless I missed something, but I don’t believe I did.

I have just downgraded my SMP Gen3 to 1.04.12. Not because I have experienced any problems with 1.06, but simply because I can not get the thumbnails to show properly. I can not get the mirror effect to show up. However, I have been able to get it to work when selecting options on the film, and select ‘show movie info’. (or something similar). There is the cover/thumbnail displayed with the mirror effect.

I hoped that by downgrade from 1.06 to 1.04 I could get it to display properly, but unfortunately there is no difference.

It seems it’s not possible to use the Mojo theme fully on a SMP Gen3 unit.

It’s a shame because the Mojo theme is so much better compared to the default theme.

Hope it will be resolved at some point so we with SMP Gen3 units also can take full advantage of the Mojo theme.

I do not mean to hi-jack the OP’s thread. But this seemed like a good place to ask, and I wanted to avoid starting another theme related thread. Can someone explain to me, or point me in the direction of where I may find intructions, how to revert back to an older firmware, in order to use a compatible theme? I do not know how to revert to a previous firmwar, or how to add/change themes. Any and all help is greatly appreciated. There are just so many threads and finding the correct theme to install, and how to do so, seems daunting. haha

Google is your friend:

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5860/p/208%2C393/session/L3RpbWUvMTMyNzU0MjgyNS9zaWQvdkpvYlAzUGs%3D

Jimbo2011 wrote:

I have just downgraded my SMP Gen3 to 1.04.12. Not because I have experienced any problems with 1.06, but simply because I can not get the thumbnails to show properly. I can not get the mirror effect to show up. However, I have been able to get it to work when selecting options on the film, and select ‘show movie info’. (or something similar). There is the cover/thumbnail displayed with the mirror effect.

I hoped that by downgrade from 1.06 to 1.04 I could get it to display properly, but unfortunately there is no difference…

Yup Jimbo2011 I also downgraded from 1.06 to 1.04 today in hopes that the “mirror” effect as you put it - or transparency… would work for the cover art thumbnails. But it does not…

Is there anyone using the SMP that HAS GOT IT TO WORK?

Please let us know…

All the FW downgrade did was fix the clock/weather icons for me.

*Sigh* I guess I will try out some other themes to see if I can get them working.

My SMP is on 1.06.04 and I see the reflections when I’m viewing the icons. I believe this is what you are saying doesn’t show up for yours. I posted a screen shot of some of the images as well as the About showing the firmware version.

http://i41.tinypic.com/70kuop.jpg

http://i41.tinypic.com/24v04kx.jpg

This is what I do to get things to show up right.

1. Use thumbgen to generate everything

2. Rename the png to jpg

3. Use Gimp to open the jpg

4. Save the image (without editing) and click Export (It will ask you how to save as it has transparency which isn’t supported).

5. Pick 100 for the size of the image (Maximum resolution)

6. Once you export the image(s) close gimp and then I refresh my content and the image shows up

The images as they come out of Thumbgen are too large it seems to load. Even with them “smaller” they take a bit to load when first viewing the page. Personally I would like to get rid of the transparency and just have them normal.

I have my other issues with the images and stuff but this all seems to work for me.

Lance

I can also make the thumbnails to show up like that, - but it is not the optimal effect you get out of it.

The thumbnails gets sharp edges and there are also white spots in both top corners of the thumbnails. Personally I did not think that the thumbnails doing decently in this way.

It is certainly not the intention it should look like that, and before there is support for .png files on SMP Gen3, then I dont think we can get the full benefit of these great themes.

So until WD / or a custom firmware comes out that makes it possible to use .png files, then there will be used thumbnails without special effects on my device.