SMP Theme help

Hi I am trying my hands to create a theme for SMP. I thought I’d try something real simple first but I have already ran into a snag. I was wondering if some of the more experienced theme-makers would be able to help me.

Currently I’ve got the following:

1. rv_home.xml

2. inc_rv_home_menu_node

3. image folder

When i try uploading this to SMP, I get the invalid file. Please correct file error message. Anyone able to give me some hints as to where I’ve gone wrong?

Thanks.

Currently I’ve got the following:

1. rv_home.xml

2. inc_rv_home_menu_node            <------------- Is that a “Typo error”  it’s missing the .xml extension

3. image folder

Also, from the very little ive read about the SMP… dont quote me though…

Theme has to be in a .zip file ?   (and at the ‘root’ level in the zip)

Theme has to be under 30 Megabytes ?   (maybe the images in the ‘image’ folder are to large ?)

Anyways, just ‘guessing’ and trying to assist. :neutral_face:

Hi again :D. Appreciate all the help I can get :smiley:

1. Yeah I forgot to include the .xml suffix when typing this up.

In terms of size, everything there amounts to only 186kb.

Actually, do you know if I can even start creating a theme like this i.e in bits and pieces without having all the other xml files ?

You can on the Hub, 

wouldnt have a ‘clue’ about the SMP though. 

since Joeys Aeon and Tinwarbles Mojo both work on the SMP and Im pretty sure[not possitive] that they do not have every single possible theme file modified I would say its possible.

From what I have been reading about themes for SMP is:

Theme Test <—Folder

—Images <----folder

—rv_home.xml

—inc_rv_home_menu_node.xml

the items in green need to be zipped[not rarred]. Also when zipping there should be 0 compression… set the compression setting to “STORE”. The Theme Folder[in red] should not be included in the zip. Hope that helps with the info that Joey posted.

Try what I did for my SMP.  Downloaded and installed a theme, like Mojo or Anodized (works well).  Then start playing around with the code in it.  They are very well done, quite thorough themes and have many XML’s to hack away with.

drizzt09 wrote:

since Joeys Aeon and Tinwarbles Mojo both work on the SMP and Im pretty sure[not possitive] that they do not have every single possible theme file modified I would say its possible.

From what I have been reading about themes for SMP is:

Theme Test <—Folder

—Images <----folder

—rv_home.xml

—inc_rv_home_menu_node.xml

the items in green need to be zipped[not rarred]. Also when zipping there should be 0 compression… set the compression setting to “STORE”. The Theme Folder[in red] should not be included in the zip. Hope that helps with the info that Joey posted.

Hi drizzt09

Thanks for that. I did exactly what you said but no luck. Still telling me the file is invalid. Not too sure why.

i dont have the smp so im just going by what i have read. maybe you can share the zip so we can look at it. hopefully we can get lordkimbo to look at it and maybe find the issue.

LordKimbo wrote:

Try what I did for my SMP.  Downloaded and installed a theme, like Mojo or Anodized (works well).  Then start playing around with the code in it.  They are very well done, quite thorough themes and have many XML’s to hack away with.

Hi LordKimbo

Thanks for that. Doing that right now. I’ve got a question now and probably lots more to come.

I’ve just changed the image RV-BG.jpg and now when I load it up with the MOJO theme, my whole screen is kinda like purplish pink. How do I go about changing the way the home screen looks?

drizzt09 wrote:

i dont have the smp so im just going by what i have read. maybe you can share the zip so we can look at it. hopefully we can get lordkimbo to look at it and maybe find the issue.

sounds like a good idea. I will do that. Thanks for all your help and advise. I apologise in advance if I come across thick in the head. Not really a pro in these kinda things.

http://www.2shared.com/file/KNS8Hzhy/Lisse.html is where I’ve uploaded my zip file.

Well, 3 things are obvious…

I see No  RV-BG.jpg   in the download you provided.

The “home.xml”  is the home.xml  from the old WDTV Live … Doesn’t do anything (on the Live Hub at least)

“rv_home.xml”   is relevant to the Hub and I assume the SMP.

You have a image most likely from another firmware revision in the image folder…

main_settings_icon_n.png

The ‘Settings’ Png’s in Firmware 2.07.17 are

main_setup_icon_f.png

main_setup_icon_n.png

What are you wanting to achieve with all of this ?  im puzzled.

If you want to change the 'Background" RV-BG.jpg… replace it… then apply another theme and then re-apply the theme you modified with RV-BG.jpg  and then you will “see it”.

Oh, and also since your using Æonish Hub Files…(which is odd, because in your Previous Post you said ‘Mojo’ had a ‘Pinkish’ Screen ) 

Æonish Hub  doesent support RV-BG.jpg picture change in the “Home” Screen… RV-BG.jpg will be seen in other views…  

All the “Home” Screens… need to be manually created and changed if wish to.

found out something more for SMP. Even if you only modified 1 xml file and uploaded this as your modified theme you will get “file invalid” No matter what you modify there must be 1 extra file included int he zip. This file must be “meta.xml”. Im assuming this one is not modified but it must be included within the zip. Im assuming this tells the SMP that this zip contains a theme.

Hi

Beat me to it, playing around over the weekend, just updated :-

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-Themes/Default-Theme-Files/td-p/321917

Thread may be of additional help