SMP - how to eject HDD

I got a WD TV Live SMP for Christrmas. Great unit so far.

There is no on/off switch on the unit.

There is no eject button or any way that I can see to eject a HDD plugged into it. When I turn off the unit using the remote the HDD is still powered up and still spinning (it has its own power cord).

How can I eject the HDD properly before removing it, The HDD is a Seagate Expansion Desktop Drive 2TB.

Chris

There’s an “Eject” button on the remote.

Also, holding the power button the remote for 5 sec. completely powers off the SMP.

Well, I do not know about it will shut it off and eject by hitting the power button, because I still can access mine through the web interface and get to the drive from my pc after I have shut it off from the remote.  Also, the external drive stays lit even after I have powered the unit off, so the drive and the unit still seem to be getting power, it is almost as if it is really in standby mode…

gatesjunior wrote:

Well, I do not know about it will shut it off and eject by hitting the power button, because I still can access mine through the web interface and get to the drive from my pc after I have shut it off from the remote.  Also, the external drive stays lit even after I have powered the unit off, so the drive and the unit still seem to be getting power, it is almost as if it is really in standby mode…

Then it’s in Standby, not OFF.

That was my point :-)  I was not agreeing with what was stated previously…  Although, now I think I must be an ■■■■■, because I am noticing he is stating holding it for 5 seconds, not just hitting it once… :–)

You have to hold the power button for 5 sec. for it to power off.

Depending on whose statement you’re referring to, TW’s post says to hold the power button down for five seconds to turn lit off, otherwise it’s in standby.

EDIT:  Post Collision.  :)

Well, at least we know none of us have anything better to be doing right now :-)  LOL

Think you dented my bumper. :slight_smile:

:-)  LMAO… Better get back on topic here so no one yells at us…  Yes, for the record, holding the power button for 5 seconds will power it all the way down :slight_smile:

Yea, and if the poster disconnected the HD without ejecting first, it is adviseable to disconnect it properly now from the WD, connect to PC  and run a scan to see if the drive got bunged up in anyway and so Windows can fix it.