Smartware says backup disk 'My Book' is full, how can I free space?

Have a new pc with Windows 10. Set up the Smart Ware on’ My Book to create 2 backups, backing up daily… However after only a few weeks it says it cannot backup any more because ‘My Book’ is full. I’ve changed it to do only 1 backup instead, but it hasn’t re-started backing up. I’m not very tecnically proficient and don’t understand how it works. Do I have to delete the older copy of the Backups to make more space? If so, how do I go about this?

Hello,

You can access the backup folder. This folder is called “WDSmartware.swstor” and it is located in the root of the drive. From here you can delete the old backups and then start a new one.

Thank you for your reply Hamlet. Looked in the drive and sure enough found the “WDSmartware.swstor” folder. I had imagined that as it had been set to make 2 backups there would be 2 folders, possbibly with different dates and that I would just need to delete the oldest but there’s just the one. Does these mean that it only managed to fit one backup on the drive do you think?
Also, does Smartware not only add my new files to the backup but also delete things from the backup when I have deleted them on the pc?
Sorry to be so ignorant.