SmartWare Pro (newest)

Hi all,
Today I had bought a WD Passport Ultra 1TB, half day it took me to run backup (wasn’t starting) and finally when SW started…it proved don’t copies files that have more than 50mb…
Any ideas what going wrong and recipe to fix it?

Thanks for any help.

Edit: God, smartwave is working at all? Launching pc - hard drive don’t waking up, ok I connected it again, now it working, launching smartware, application doesn’t even knew that I did backup yesterday…start all WD apps again, ok now it knows, launch backup, bar processing and nothing else…c’mon.

BogiUbogi,

What is the behavior of WD SmartWare related to the Backup Tab? Do you see blue boxes or do you see yellow boxes? Do you see the candy-bar pole progressing on the upper-left region of the application?

Hi JStaff,

Yes, in Backup Tab. Yesterday after a few tries it start making backup, but it took me a 2h.

About a candy-bar, it has proceeded but didn’t copy any files and it showing me blue boxes.

It is normal that the drive don’t start up with computer?

BogiUbogi,

It depends on your system. Some computers do not supply enough power during boot-up operations to feed some USB devices.

“Blue” in WD SmartWare indicates files already copied. If all boxes are blue then WD SmartWare has successfully completed the backup.

JStaff wrote:

BogiUbogi,

It depends on your system. Some computers do not supply enough power during boot-up operations to feed some USB devices.

“Blue” in WD SmartWare indicates files already copied. If all boxes are blue then WD SmartWare has successfully completed the backup.

Ok I understood. Thank You.

But they aren’t, like I wrote before, after a few tries it started to copying rest of files.