SmartWare Pro doesn't find my WDMyCloudEX2

I recently installed a WDMCloudEX2 with 2-WD 3Tb Red drives included. The unit was installed (using all associated supporting WD software from the WDC site) via the only PC in my household that does not detect the drive via SmartWare. This PC has the latest version of SmartWare Pro installed with a Windows 8.1 OS. All local drives including an attached WD USB drive along with a MyBookLive network drive are detected by SmartWare Pro on this PC. The WDMCloudEX2 unit has also been successfully mapped to this PC. This PC and the WDMCloudEX2 are connected via my home network along with several other PCs in my household.

The other PCs in my household all with the latest version of WD SmartWare (*not pro) installed with either Windows 7 Pro, Windows 7 Ultimate, or Windows 8.1 OS. All of these PCs detect both local and all network drives including the WDMCloudEX2 via SmartWare. All PCs have been successfully mapped to the WDMCloudEX2 unit.

Is this an issue with SmartWare Pro?

Does it have anything to do with the fact that I installed all the supporting software for the WDMCloudEX2 via this PC?

Any other thoughts?

Hi, 

Make sure that you have the pro version on both systems. 

If possible, set a static IP on the unit just for troubleshooting.

Also, have you tried resetting the unit or reinstalling the WD Smartware?

1 Like

Reinstalled WD SmartWare. Rebooted WDMyCloudEX2. Restarted PC. No change. Noticed a lag in restart time and did a full shutdown and waited at least 10 seconds before PC reboot. The restart lag time went away and now SmartWare detects the MyCloudEX2 along with the other drives.

BIOS may have been an influence on the issue as I had only performed restarts since installing the WDMyCloudEX2. However, I hadn’t noticed a lag in the restart time before reinstalling SmartWare.

In any case, thanks for the help!