Smartware Pro activation

I have just installed the MyBook 4TB and received an activation code for Smartware Pro…however, there doesn’t appear to be any way to activate the software that I can find…please advise…thanks.

Is the gold key still showing or a gold looking calendar at the top right of SmartWare? If yes click on the one that is showing and then click activate. If neither of these are possible then see this info in the Knowledge Base. Use link below.

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9882/session/
L3RpbWUvMTM5Mzk2NTM5MS9zaWQvOXNVa1dwT2w%3D

Hello! I have the same problem. A month ago a have successfully activated WD SmartWare to Pro version. After that a have updated the program to version 2.3.0 and now am using this version. I had no problems until these days(today 03.05.2014) a have backup my data to WD My Passport  using file-type backup. After a backup my data on the top right side of the screen in the program a have an yellow key. When a try to activate it with an activaton code I already have it says - “There was an error trying to validate your activation code. Please try again later” 

If someone has the same problem or knows how to fix it please write me a message.

See this thread. You are not the only ones.  Activation

Yes I have the same problem.

I purchased several WD portable hard drives for a portable rotational off site backup system.

Every couple of days it keeps asking me to re-activate my purchased software?

I would appreciate any support?

I wrote to WD but did not get any respone.

If I cannot solve the issue I will seek local recourse for a return of my monies.

Have you upgraded to 2.4.0?