The last time the unit wouldn’t work properly, I was told to remove and reload the software. That worked until my laptop went thru a software addition and/or windows update and now the unit won’t perform again, etc. I attempted the same fix as before, but something got screwed up:
- I can’t remove the software and reinstall it on my C-Drive; I get an error message when doing the add/remove programs.
- I got frustrated and in error removed and reloaded the software inside the Passport Essential itself too and probably messed things up.
- The unit says the software and firmware are both up-to-date on my system.
- When I attempt to backup my C-Drive the smartware’s backup tab is not accessible (you can’t highlight and click it open), the exernal drive’s current files are not posted, no right-side column appears at all.
- I can get the external HD files to show up in the left-hand column when I change the C to F Drive under my computer.
- The drive settings tab is also not accessible.
SOMEBODY, ANYBODY, PLEASE HELP!