Smartware installation and screen access

I BOUGHT MY BOOK LIVE WIRELESS EXTERNAL DRIVE BUT I HAVE FAILED TO ACCESS THE SMARTWARE SCREEN WHERE I CAN SET MY BACKUPS. I HAVE GONE THROUGH ALL THE INFORMATION AVAILABLE BUT NOTHING HAPPENS.THE SMARTWARE SOFTWARE IS INSTALLED AND SHOWS IN THE TASKBAR BUT WHEN I CLICK ON IT NOTHING HAPPENS
MY COMPUTER RUNS ON WINDOWS 7 HOME PREMIUM,64-BIT OPERATING SYSTEM. I HAVE ALSO INSTALLED ALL NEW UPDATE FOR NET FRAMEWORK AND ADOBE FLASH PLAYER
I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO INSTALL THIS FOR ALMOST 2 WEEKS NOW AND I AM SO FRUSTRATED. I WOULD APPRECIATE IF ANYONE  COULD HELP. I AM NOT VERT GOOD AND COMPUTER BUT AVERAGE

Be sure to install the latest Smartware version available. 

http://www.wdc.com/wdproducts/wdsmartwareupdate/

Hola,

a mi me pasa exactamente  lo mismo. tengo instalada la última versión y así me lo indica el sistema. al pinchar tanto en la lista de programa como en el icono de la barra no hace absolutamente nada. He desinstalado el programa y vuelto a instalar pero sigue sin funcionar. que hago mal??

Google translate:

Hello,

The same thing happens to me. I have installed the latest version, I verified with the system. Nothing happens when clicking both the program list or in the bar icon. I uninstalled the program and reinstalled it, but it still doesn’t work. What am I doing wrong??