Smartware enhancement request

Hello,

I just joined the forum, at the request of customer service, to post my suggestion. My apologies if this has already been mentioned in old threads.

Reading the documentation, I see that the software recognizes many file types, and there are many file types it does not recognize. As a result, when I think I’m completely backing up my drive (at least all non operating system files), I am not. I have confirmed that there are several file types that this software did not back up for me, even when I placed them in folders that are normally looked at by the software.

I like the fact that this software will detect changed files, and back them up (with as many versions as I choose), but what would really make the software extra useful, is for me to give it additional folders, that I wish to back up (wirthout any file-type restrictions). It would be nice if you could add another tab, or expand on the “Detailed” view, to allow me to select folders that I want this software to manage. These “user defined” folders should be copied in their entirety, without any “file type” restrictions.

Your post sounds like a good idea as a Feature Request; the best place for this is in the Ideas Exchange section. This way someone from WD will be sure to see it and will allow more users to support your idea.

However, I would first search and make sure that there is no other active Feature Requests suggesting the same or similar improvements. If there is, then you could add your post and vote on it.

WD Software & Accessories Ideas

Regards,
Trancer.

Hi there, post is as an idea and I’ll be the first to vote if I’m in when you do :smiley:

Thanks guys! I didn’t browse the forums long enough to figure out where those enhancement requests were supposed to go. And thanks Trancer… I do see where this has already been asked for in that other thread you posted the link to.

I did manage to find that other thread, and did post a new plea there, referencing the other previous requests for the same thing:  http://community.wdc.com/t5/Software-Accessory-Ideas/Backup-software-needs-to-give-me-more-control-over-what-gets/idi-p/154510

Voted!! :smiley: