Smartware does not sort on tabs - is it supposed to

First of all, while I don’t doubt any of the users who are having trouble with this software, I have had superb results using it on Windows 7 32-bit. It does everything it is supposed to do quietly, instantly, and effectively. I have seen complaints that it gobbles up resources, but the resource monitor does not confirm that to be the case, at least in my installation. I do have a minor – and I mean minor – quibble/question. The documentation suggests that when you are trying to locate files and list them out in the retrieve file screen or in the list of files that have not backed up, you should be able to sort on the various tabs that are provided at the top of the window. But they do not seem to work.

By the way, it is true that a significant number of files – especially when they are large – will initially say that they are not backing up. But in my case, after it had backed up all the remaining files,  Smartware went back and picked up the ones that it had declined to back up on the first pass. I’m not sure why it does this, but it doesn’t seem to be a problem. Note, it will also claim that access is denied (and fail to backup the file) where it is trying to backup files that have exceedingly long path and/or filenames. That is not uncommon for any backup program. In my case, renaming some of the folders with shorter names did the trick.  So, do those tabs in the file listings sort by the criteria listed?

Thanks!

Hello,

I know what you mean.

Are you running the latest version of the software?