Smart ware cpu load to high

Smart ware wants to run all the time cpu load 89% can not hardly use computer. have checked the box in the software that is suppose to keep it from doing this it  did not help. when i call up the software and look at the backup tab it is showing no files to backup on any drive whats up with it?

1 Like

same issue—I have had MY BOOK for months now and leave it unplugged.  This confuses the software and it wants to send off error messages.  It still slows down the works but it allows the computer to be useable.  I am very disappointed with the software and visited this site today to see if they had re-written it.  It appears that they have not changed anything.   Good hardware–poor software.

I have the same problem. The WD Smartware software occupies RAM and CPU time even when the drive is not connected. My next step will be to reformat the drive and try to use it like a normal external drive. The WD Smartware software has wasted a week of my time trying to get it to work without choking and freezing my computer. I updated it and tried to set it up so that it would not turn on automatically, but I have to go into Windows Task Manager to turn off all the WD software in order for the computer to work normally.

I have the same problem.  My CPU sits at 100% whether the drive is connected or not.  I’ve tried exiting the software, it still stays loaded and keeps hammering my CPU.  I have to end the process in task manager, very annoying.  I love the drive, but HATE the performance of the software, makes my computer unusable when it’s runnig.

Other with the same problems. The WD Smartware software occupies RAM and CPU time even when the drive is not connected. The CPU load at 99% 

If  I have to end the process in task manager,  the CPU go to normal value. 

My problems is with the WD Smatware and  HardDisc my passport.

Any update to the ultimate verison “1.1.16” ?? Fix the problem or no ??

Thanks!