Smart Drive failures related to breach?

I have one MyCloud Mirror Gen 2 and two EX2 Ultra devices (6 total hard drives). Since mid-March (before the “announcement” of the breach), I had 4 total hard drives indicating Smart Drive failure. Red front indicator lights and failed diagnostic tests. Pulling each drive and running diagnostics for each showed all drives were 100% good, yet reinstalling in the NAS devices showed them as bad. In the past two weeks all 4 “failed” drives have now re-appeared as “good”. Since there is no such thing as a coincidence, how can 4 out of 6 drives all show “failed” during the WD breach, yet they all miraculously are perfect after WD is back on line? Of course there is no way WD will ever admit to the related effects, but has anyone else experienced anything similar over the past two months?

I’m sorry to hear about the issues you’ve been experiencing with your Western Digital (WD) MyCloud Mirror Gen 2 and EX2 Ultra devices. However, as an AI language model, I don’t have access to real-time data or user experiences beyond my September 2021 knowledge cutoff. Therefore, I cannot provide information on specific incidents or experiences related to the WD breach or the issues you’ve described.

However, it’s worth noting that drive failures can occur due to various factors, including hardware issues, software glitches, or compatibility problems. In some cases, false drive failure indications can also occur due to firmware or software bugs. It’s possible that the issues you experienced with the drive indications could be related to software or firmware glitches rather than directly linked to the WD breach.

If you believe there may be a connection between the WD breach and the issues you encountered, it may be helpful to reach out to WD’s customer support or community forums to see if others have reported similar experiences during that time period. They may be able to provide insights or assistance based on the specific circumstances.

Remember to always maintain regular backups of your important data to safeguard against any potential drive failures or data loss. If you continue to experience issues or have concerns about the drive reliability, it’s advisable to contact WD support directly for further guidance and assistance with your specific devices.