Smart Attributes (Gsense error rate)

I have a new western digital WD5000BEVT hard drive. The hard drive is only 1 month old. I routinely use software to read the smart attributes. I use the western digital diagnostic software and speedfan. Both the western digital and speedfan software have an attribute value of 1 for gsense error rate, but from what I understand, this value should be in the range of 35 - 100. The hard drive still passes the western digital smart test. Speedfan has a raw value of 1,112 and tells me I need to watch this attribute. I don’t understand why this attribute value is so low and why does the raw value keep increasing on speedfan, especially since it is only 1 month old. I have no other smart attribute errors.  I’ve seen some hard drive with gsense raw values in the hundreds of thousands and still have a value in the 90’s.  Any advice or opinions?

Maybe you should try contacting WD’s Technical Support about this. You can do so either by phone or email.

To Contact WD for Technical Support
http://support.wdc.com/contact/index.asp?lang=en

I did that already and all I got was if it passes the WD data lifeguard diagnostics then it it ok.  I explained that it shouldn’t be doing that and they stuck to their original answer.  They were no help at all!!!