Slow Transfering Rate

Juz bought My Book Life 2TB experiencing low transfer rate… copy from my laptop to the MBL transfer rate only 2.5MB per second.

anyone could help?

Hook MBL directly to the ethernet port of the laptop and try to copy some files. What speed do you get?

i try to hook MBL to router the speed is 5-7MB per second its faster. but i think it’s still slow…

i can’t direct hook cos i moving the file from my private folder to share folder.

but moving within internal it’s slow as well only 1.08MB per second

The reason you were asked to hook the MBL directly up to your computer was to try to elimenate variables like the network. You can just connect the ethernet cable directly to your computer’s ethernet cable and test the transfer speed that way.

Also your transfer speed is dependent on lots of things. Are you wireless? What wireless speed? What type of router? Is it Gigabit Ethernet?

I had tried direct PC to MBL. Speed for large file eg. 745MB it’s about 41MB per second.

However if multiple file consist 745MB then the speed would be vary from 1-4MB per second.

Yes i am on wireless.

TP Link  TD-W8951ND 150Mbps Wireles N ADSL 2 + Modem Router 

I using supplied CAT 5 Cable

WHLIM wrote:

I had tried direct PC to MBL. Speed for large file eg. 745MB it’s about 41MB per second.

However if multiple file consist 745MB then the speed would be vary from 1-4MB per second.

Yes i am on wireless.

TP Link  TD-W8951ND 150Mbps Wireles N ADSL 2 + Modem Router 

I using supplied CAT 5 Cable

Your outer is a 10/100 when it comes down to wired connection so the best theoretical speed you can get is about 11MB/s. Wireless, no matter what the manuals say, is another story. Just a few wireless networks from the neighbors using the same channel can completely screw your speeds. Best thing to do is to use inSSIDer, scan for networks, see what channel they use and changes yours (in your router) to one that is relatively ‘free’. Still, don’t expect miracles with wireless. For wired, if you want Gigabit speeds, get a gigabit switch and you are done.

Hi folks. I shoud by happy with a transfer rate of 12 MB/s… Mine is always lower than 2 MB/s even connected at the ethernet port… I guess the MBL needs a complete hardware/firmware review…

I have same issue its horribly slow…Even with a direct connect ethernet and even with a crossover. Its not the network its the device. I can write to dropbox faster than the mybook is giving me. I will try and re index and also I will shut off Twonky and see if its interfereing with throughput. 

Update: found a good cross over and now on a crossover its going 5 time faster and performs good. I will put back on network and  run a trace and see if I can find the culprit…