Slow transfer of WD Mycloud

rootfourme wrote:

I’v seen so many discussions regards this on these pages and the asnwer is always “it’s your LAN’s problem” and that people are not using Gigabit routers/cards or have a mix of both.   

Which would make sense in a pure environment, except that I’ve got both MyBook Lives and MyClouds and the MyCloud is appalling whilst the MyBooks have high transfer speeds.  Through the same routers and the same LAN (composed of a central router with 3 other discrete routers acting as wired/wirelss access points hooked up).  Repeatably appaling funcationality fromt he MyCloud, despite firmware upgrades and even system rebuild after the Sept/Oct firmware murdered the device for me.

_ It’s not the LAN _…the MyCloud is somehow crippled and the WD-bastardised Debian stock image is fundamentally negatively impacting network data transfer speed.  But, as ever, the “answer” will be “It’s your LAN and not the device”.

With the number of topics posted here, one would have thought WD would question something and investigate.   I’d buy more MyBooks like a shot…will never waste my money on another MyCloud.   Another manufacturer will get my £ when i extend the NAS infrastructure here.  

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-My-Cloud/Semi-advanced-Guide-to-getting-a-running-start-setting-up-My/m-p/836332

1% **bleep** software but 99% is PEBKAC related.  I’m getting 100+Mbps writes to a 4TB My cloud.