Slow transfer of WD Mycloud

I would like to ask what is the standard speed of WD My cloud when transfering data files?

Why is that it was so slooooowww… 5MB/SEC using cat5e lan?

How come it is faster to transfer files PC to PC using same cable than PC to WD Mycloud?

I can’t believe it… HELP ME!!! I have updated firmware…

1.What is your network speed? 10/100 or 10/100/1000

1. Are you using a Dynamic or Static IP for the MY Cloud?

2. From  the Dashboard is the “Content Scan” Idle or Scanning? If it is scanning, due to a lot of uploads at one time, then the My Cloud CPU is probalby at it’s limit fir the time being.

3. How are you transferring files? Windows Explorer, Mac Finder, Nas to Nas.

I have the same problem…  If I attach a WD passport drive to the Cloudserver, the speed is as expected.

For example…   I copied a directory of 60meg of photos to both drives.

If I open the directory on the USB drive, thumbnails show straight away.  On the built in drive, those thumbnails dont show for minutes.  Surely the same network, same cable, same internal processor…

Also, video files from the built in drive buffer, and stutter…   I am using a brand new 1g network switch, and a 1 gig network card on my PC.  Laptops on wireless also struggle to access the main t terabyte drive.but performance improves from the USB drive, or any other share on my network.

All updates are installed

Help

I’v seen so many discussions regards this on these pages and the asnwer is always “it’s your LAN’s problem” and that people are not using Gigabit routers/cards or have a mix of both.   

Which would make sense in a pure environment, except that I’ve got both MyBook Lives and MyClouds and the MyCloud is appalling whilst the MyBooks have high transfer speeds.  Through the same routers and the same LAN (composed of a central router with 3 other discrete routers acting as wired/wirelss access points hooked up).  Repeatably appaling funcationality fromt he MyCloud, despite firmware upgrades and even system rebuild after the Sept/Oct firmware murdered the device for me.

_ It’s not the LAN _…the MyCloud is somehow crippled and the WD-bastardised Debian stock image is fundamentally negatively impacting network data transfer speed.  But, as ever, the “answer” will be “It’s your LAN and not the device”.

With the number of topics posted here, one would have thought WD would question something and investigate.   I’d buy more MyBooks like a shot…will never waste my money on another MyCloud.   Another manufacturer will get my £ when i extend the NAS infrastructure here.  

If what you suggest is true and it is the modified Debian on the device that is the problem then everyones MyCloud would be slow.  

Even the review sites that I looked at had no problem with the file transfer speed, maybe they had a modified version !! or they had descent equipment connected to it and it worked as expected.

Hi.

I have WDMyCloud 4Tb with FW →   WDMyCloud v04.01.02-417 : Core F/W

I haven´t this problem, use Cat6 cable in WD an Firewall conection…

Good speed in test and real live

Ten minute ago, 30Gb in 1080p videos late 10min aprox…

marietta wrote:

I would like to ask what is the standard speed of WD My cloud when transfering data files?

Why is that it was so slooooowww… 5MB/SEC using cat5e lan?

How come it is faster to transfer files PC to PC using same cable than PC to WD Mycloud?

I can’t believe it… HELP ME!!! I have updated firmware…

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-My-Cloud/Semi-advanced-Guide-to-getting-a-running-start-setting-up-My/m-p/836332

rootfourme wrote:

I’v seen so many discussions regards this on these pages and the asnwer is always “it’s your LAN’s problem” and that people are not using Gigabit routers/cards or have a mix of both.   

Which would make sense in a pure environment, except that I’ve got both MyBook Lives and MyClouds and the MyCloud is appalling whilst the MyBooks have high transfer speeds.  Through the same routers and the same LAN (composed of a central router with 3 other discrete routers acting as wired/wirelss access points hooked up).  Repeatably appaling funcationality fromt he MyCloud, despite firmware upgrades and even system rebuild after the Sept/Oct firmware murdered the device for me.

_ It’s not the LAN _…the MyCloud is somehow crippled and the WD-bastardised Debian stock image is fundamentally negatively impacting network data transfer speed.  But, as ever, the “answer” will be “It’s your LAN and not the device”.

With the number of topics posted here, one would have thought WD would question something and investigate.   I’d buy more MyBooks like a shot…will never waste my money on another MyCloud.   Another manufacturer will get my £ when i extend the NAS infrastructure here.  

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-My-Cloud/Semi-advanced-Guide-to-getting-a-running-start-setting-up-My/m-p/836332

1% **bleep** software but 99% is PEBKAC related.  I’m getting 100+Mbps writes to a 4TB My cloud.