Slow network copy performance?

I’ve been searching around the internet, including this forum, for an answer to this. I’ve had no luck this far. I just picked up the Live Hub and everything is working great except for the copy speed. Over a wired connection, I’m getting at best, 10MB/sec transfer. The device is connected to a D-Link DIR-655 (Gigabit) and the computer I’m copying from is a Windows 7 box with the data on an internal WD Blue HDD. It is also connected via wired gigabit ethernet.

I went further and purchased a D-Link Wireless-N adapter DWA-131 and conneted the Live Hub using that. The transfer speeds were abysmal, 200kb/sec max. The Live hub shows full signal strength and its only one room over from the router.

I was wondering if anyone had any advice on this. I saw one post on a forum that mentioned that the CPU in the device may not be powerful enough to allow for maximum network performance, but 200k/sec is terrible. Is it possible that I have defective device? I am running the latest firmware from WD. Also, I’ve tested the wiring using a Fluke and they check out clean.

Unfortunately, 10MB/sec is a pretty solid speed for the Hub.

It’s just that slow at moving files.

Your transfer speed via wifi does seem unusually slow though; I get around 4-5MB/sec on my wireless-N network.

I notice that transfers done manually via the PC by dragging and dropping are painfully slow, but transfers done via network sync on the Hub are done much faster. Not sure why. Transfers via USB drive connected to the Hub are also faster than across the network.

I went further and purchased a D-Link Wireless-N adapter DWA-131 and connected the Live Hub using that. The transfer speeds were abysmal, 200kb/sec Max. The Live hub shows full signal strength and its only one room over from the router.

If your interested in getting “Decent” intra-network transfer speeds from remote areas in your home, you may want to try an alternative to wireless.  I have been searching the internet and found a network setup perfect for homes that have coaxial cable running throughout, as most homes are not wired for Ethernet. 

I posted a forum topic that you may be interested in.  http://community.wdc.com/t5/General-Discussions/MoCA/m-p/125716#M18406  As far as I know there is no other home-network set-up that can yield the file transfer speeds that MoCA can… between 8.5-10 MB/sec.  9.5MB/sec sustained. This is with T-100 hardware.  Gigabit should yield a bit more as the HUB boasts gigabit ethernet

I’m so suprised that MoCA is not discussed more within this community!