Slow Navigation after 1.01.30 Firmware update

After the 1.01.30 update I have experienced very slow navigation to the point of not being usable. I have a shared folder with about 60 MKV Blu-ray quality files in a network shared folder. It worked very well before the update and now just to move to the next page is painfully slow. It can take up between 5 to 10 seconds to move to the next page of tiles.

One other adventure with this new release is that I use to use the stars in the tiles to mark the episodes that I watched, and those have been moved off the tiles. This is also making the experience worse with this update. Give use a way of marking watched episodes or movies on the tiles, and the would be very nice.

1 Like

Same here. This thing hangs and hangs. The little orange spinning arrow drives me nuts. I night this mainly to listen to music and it can do that for half an hour or so before crashing and having to rebuild the media library again. I also keep getting a message that the memory is low. And that’s with an attached external disk playing music only. Network shares I don’t even bother with. Easily the worst bit of tech I’ve acquired in a few years.

1 Like

gbfromhb wrote:

After the 1.01.30 update I have experienced very slow navigation to the point of not being usable. I have a shared folder with about 60 MKV Blu-ray quality files in a network shared folder. It worked very well before the update and now just to move to the next page is painfully slow. It can take up between 5 to 10 seconds to move to the next page of tiles.

One other adventure with this new release is that I use to use the stars in the tiles to mark the episodes that I watched, and those have been moved off the tiles. This is also making the experience worse with this update. Give use a way of marking watched episodes or movies on the tiles, and the would be very nice.

gbfromhb,

We have passed this along to support

Thanks. I think I may have the wrong version number in the post. What I’m talking about is the latest version.

1.01.30 is the latest firmware for the WD TV Media Player   (This player has no Netflix)

2.02.32 is the latest firmware for the WD TV Live Streaming Media Player (This player has Netflix)

with regards to slowdown after upgrading to 1.01.30 … i havent experienced this (though, ive only got a 1TB WD Elements SE HDD attached. I will try using more and larger hdds to test.)

Also, did you do a Factory Reset after upgrading ?  (i always do)

Setup > System > Device Reset > Reset All Settings Back to Factory Default

If you are unsure what Firmware you are running … select  Setup > About > then press OK

Same problem here wiht WD TV, slow as snail but not always, mostly on startup and during 1-2 minutes, will be great to get fixed soon!