Slow file transfer

OS WIN 7, Internet speed down 81 Mbps, upl 49 mbps. I’m trying to send files from wd2go.com, 684 MB sized file downloading speed of 11 KB / s or 3 hours and 15 minutesand similar results from a number of other computers with similar internetoo speed. Please help or link me.

Can anyone help me???

Try disabling any firewall that you may have active, also be sure to have the latest My Book firmware installed. This type of performance parity can also happen if the latency across a network is high, the protocol will struggle with the setup/tear down of each transfer and can never “ramp up” the transfer rates.

http://wdc.com/wdproducts/updates/?family=wdfmb_liveduo

Don’t trust the Windows time listed when copying files.   The WD 2go connection uses WebDAV, and Microsoft does all kinds of funky things with WebDAV, including a misleading and wholly inaccurate “ETA” for file operations.

Software is allredy updated

This is that that time even longer than written, because eventually the system crashes, I still could not download a large file, it all ends CTRL + ALT + DEL.

klanas78 wrote:

This is that that time even longer than written, because eventually the system crashes, I still could not download a large file, it all ends CTRL + ALT + DEL.

What system crashes?

http://i49.tinypic.com/1z5npmh.png

It’s lokks laik this and thats all, i must restart PC

are you waiting long enough?

callculating is running without end

Hi,

WD2go/webdav is virtually unusable for me too. It is extremely slow. Try ftp instead. I think it’s ridiculous that WD decided to use a facility like WD2go that just does not work as expected.

I appreciate that the poor WD2go/webdav performance is most likely Windows related but, if WD had tested this properly before product release, they would have realised that using this technology was a bad decision due to performance issues like slow transfer of files, etc.

Thanks,

Richard :slight_smile:

This means that I was deceived. “… Get to your content from anywhere with WD 2Go web access, and so on.” I am very disappointed WD products and their service.

Tried various functions wd2go my phone and found a way to access files, send a link to e-mail and clicking on the link sending going, not very well but…

Still do not understand why WD technicians can not provide advice on this matter, and WD company continues to advertise these features, as well mislead consumers.

Because they’re not misleading. WD 2go works fine.

You are lucky man. I could not  find decision. Forum hosted many of the same messages, in which nothing is unable to normaly answer.

klanas78 wrote:

You are lucky man. … Forum hosted many of the same messages…

That’s because most people don’t register on a forum to say that WD 2go works fine.  Usually, only people with issues are the ones posting on forums.