Slow file transfer speed with Asus RT-AC68U router

Some thoughts:
I have an Asus RT-N66U, and My Cloud NAS and have never had this sort of problem. I use AiCloud, have a portable HD drive attached to router, never have needed to use QOS, since home network and internet is lightening fast with lots of bandwidth here. I have never needed a static IP for any reason – the router assigns a unique and “permanent” IP address to all devices based upon algorithm it computes from MAC address.

I will throw out the suggestion that it is RF interference causing the issue.
As an ex-ET in USAF who long ago worked on RF radar, I am always on the alert for this problem with my gear. Example, when I was setting up my WD wireless passport, I was having a devil of a time getting it to use a certain wireless channel. Hey, it’s RF junk surrounding my computer stuff I realized, so I moved away from all gadgets to dining table and got it set up right away.

In the past few days someone posted same issue with his drive connected to his Surface pad. Tony and I ,and both came up with RF interference, and Tony also came up with an Intel white paper explaining this as a big problem in many instances. See link and paper’s link. Lesson here: don’t crowd all your gear close together!