Slow down

My WD ran okay at first, now it is slowing down the computer and takes perhaps 1 hour for the folders to register in Windows Explorer. Clicking on the drive letter can make many programmes freeze for a while. Any ideas out there?

Further to previous, I have unistalled and reinstalled the software, also trying to update.  But although the “settings” page opens, I cannot access the backup or make any changes to the settings. The clips at the top of the screen are in “shadow” and will not open, apart from “Home”.

On Windows Explorer if you click on the drive letter of WD, it asks if you want to format the disc. I have tried this following WD instructions, but each time it says it was unable to complete. So I cannot access the disc or change anything on the software. Im really disgusted with this item, I would not recommend it to anyone!

In your previous post you mentioned the drive clicking.  If the drive is clicking, then it has failed.  You will need to replace the drive.  Maybe you should try contacting WD’s Technical Support about this. You can do so either by phone or email.

To Contact WD for Technical Support
http://support.wdc.com/contact/index.asp?lang=en

No the drive itself is not clicking, its when I click on the drive letter for WD in Windows Explorer only