That other thread is getting very long and drifts off the topic a little ... here's what I found:
- Release notes say slow dashboard is a known problem with "some networks"
- Error log contains lots of entries saying "Unable to resolve "; and
- Someone posted somewhere a suggestion that changing router DNS settings could fix this.
Putting all these together, I figured maybe some minor network config changes might help, so I:
- Reset the drive's network config to use DHCP instead of a static IP address; and
- Set up my router with static external DNS server addresses (as opposed to going to my ADSL modem for DNS resolution).
Not sure if either of these steps would work on its own, but together everything rocks (again). Actually I think it performs better than it did before. Go figure!