Slow copy on PRIVATE share - [partially solved]

Hi to all!

I am recently using a new “My Cloud EX2 Ultra” with 2 8 TB hard disks in mirrorring, the my workstation’s OS is Windows 10 and all the my network elements are Gigabit.

I quickly noticed that file copies were often slow.

After day of browsing on internet and on this forum, I understood this:

1. if I copy files to the default “PUBLIC” share, at the beginning of the copying process there is a pause, but after a few seconds the transfer rate is above 100 MBs and all is well.
  2. if I copy files to a PRIVATE share, there is a pause at the beginning of the copying process of each file and, if I am copying many small files, the final time of copying process tends to infinity.

If I try to start the same copying process from a Windows 7 workstation, the problem disappear.

There is a solution for this issue?

Thanks!

Ciao

After others many hours of digging, the cause of the slow copy is the “Real-time protection” on Windows 10 after the 1909 update. If I disable the “Real-time protection” in Windows Security, the transfer rate is fast.
At the moment, the workaround is to stop the “Real-time protection” when I must copy many small file on the MyCloud, but it cannot be the final solution.
I am alway digging to find a definitive solution.

Thanks!

Ciao