Slow as a wet week!

I’m using Mavericks on iMac with a 2TB WD MyCloud. Everything was working fine when I bought the drive but, for some reason, it’s now virtually useless. Estimates to upload a 246kb file is 22 hours! Anyone with any ideas?

Thanks for the speedy feedback; much appreciated! Believe it or not, I solved the issue by simply changing the name of the file. I had a file name with a symbol. Took that out and it flew. Also had an issue with a file named Notes.pages. It screwed the index every time I uploaded it. I changed from the name and the indexing immediately righted itself. Go figure!

ggrove wrote:

Thanks for the speedy feedback; much appreciated! Believe it or not, I solved the issue by simply changing the name of the file. I had a file name with a symbol. Took that out and it flew. Also had an issue with a file named Notes.pages. It screwed the index every time I uploaded it. I changed from the name and the indexing immediately righted itself. Go figure!

Thank you for following up.   It just shows that OneEyedMinion (who is trying to confuse innocent users by using names like other users) is a troll.