SlingPlayer - no longer works!

I have the same problem with Code: 100003 accessing SlingBox 350. The first time it happened I was able to recover with a power-cycle of WD TV. The second time, nothing helped on WD TV side … from power-cycle and various resets. SlingBox is working because I can connect from PC without any issues even when WD TV cannot connect, so it does not appear to be a DHCP or IP address issue. Actually the error message must be erroneous because WD TV is talking to SlingBox, yet it fails immediately before starting to show the TV screen. When this happens, WD TV cannot connect to other SlingBox, either. So, there is some kind of data corruption. The only workaround I found is to reset the SlingBox. Based on this, I would blame the SlingBox except for the fact that only WD TV is affected and not PC access. So both units can use a fix. Another interesting item to note is that the clock is offset by +1 for me when this happens.

By “reset” do you mean power off for XX mins of the sling box, or a complete rest of the installation??

thx

reset, not rest…

If its just a power reset,

I’m setting it up on a WEMO, so I can remotely power it on and off as nedded. Will give it a test. Static IP didn’t work for me.

Worked for 24hrs than code 10003. Could be when the cable box gets powered off. 

I’m trying this…and the Verizon router the Slingbox is behind won’t let me edit the DHCP settings. Can anyone help? It’s maddening.

If I stop the sling stream and leave the sling app running. The nex day I come back the sling app takes a few times to actually be able to get a connection. It either claims to have no network connection, or it can’t connect to the slingbox.

The app takes an eternity to exit back to the main screen as well! That is unacceptable. Why does it take 3-5 minutes to exit the sling app? A power down is much faster, even power cycling take 2-3 minutes.

WDTV development team??? You still employed? Nearly 5 months since the first post of this issue and no resolve, not even an update - very disappointed. The work arounds are BS (my isp doesn’t allow me to make router changes). I still recommend your products but you’re making it difficult when so many users are reporting an issue and not hearing anything. 

WD TV Live works with Slingbox occasionally.  I bought the unit exclusively to watch TV at a remote location via a Slingbox at home.  Sometimes it seems to help to unplug/plug  the WD product, and, of course frequently that does nothing.

The Slingbox and cable set-top box are on and working, as I can connect and watch live TV on the computer, or I can  connect the computer to the TV with an HDMI cord and watch on the TV.

This product does not work as advertised with Slingbox.  This is beyond the expected issues with a new product or service, and represents a fundamental failure on WD’s part to keep its customers updated on its (or Slingbox’s, if it is the problem)efforts to resolve the problems.  Also very disappointing that it does not post updates of such efforts.  If it does not want to advertise its continuing failure with Slingbox/Slingplayer, it could at least let its customers sign up for email updates.

It would be great to hear from you WD!

Same exact issue here.

Worked perfectly for a couple of weeks and then the 10003 timeout code.  

Plus I have no access to the SB350.  I guess that I am SOL.

It’s a shame that WD and/or Sling is not addressing this issue (it seems pretty widespread),

Purchased a Slingbox 350 and a WD TV Live unit. Wanted to view TV while on vacation. Configured both units before I left.

Two day into my vacation I received the “unable to connect to Slingbox” error code 10003. Was able to connect to the Slingbox and watch TV using the Windows PC app. Called WD support. Once they found out I could connect to Netflix or MLB services - they blew this problem off as a Slingbox problem. I tried to tell them that since the PC app worked is was a WD problem. After hanging up with WD support I preformed some research on the web and found some articles about having to reconfigure the Slingbox.

Well here is what work for me. I went into the Slingbox PC app and selected settings. By reconfiguring the input (I was using component) and then reconfiguring back to my original video settings I was then able to connect the WD TV Live unit to my Slingbox. What was great about “this fix” was that  I was able to perform tasks without having to return home.

I’m posting it I case others are in the same situation I was in in the hopes it may work for them too.

Bottom line for me is that WD has a problem with the Slingbox player app on their box and need to get it fixed. Shame on your WD !

Can you maybe go into more detail about your process - I tried this as well but it didn’t work. I also noticed that nobody has replied in a while. Did the last software update fix it for people? Not me.

:confounded:SlingPlayer is connected for 3-4 min then it stopped streaming. It worked fine for the first 2 months.

I have the same problem! About 3 to 3 1/2 minutes maximum!

Samething here… I posted this http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Live-Plus/WDTV-Live-Slingplayer-Connection-Lost/td-p/763716