SlingPlayer Disappeared!

After I installed the latest firmware update (3.08.14), SlingPlayer entirely disappeared from my WD TV Live Hub Media Center.  Does anyone know what happened, if it will be re-installed, when and how?

TheJeff wrote:

After I installed the latest firmware update (3.08.14), SlingPlayer entirely disappeared from my WD TV Live Hub Media Center.  Does anyone know what happened, if it will be re-installed, when and how?

I think your post is in the wrong forum. This forum is for the 2009 model WDTV Live HD and 2010 model WDTV Live Plus.

The forum for the 2011 WDTV Live Hub is here:

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-Media-Player/ct-p/live_hub

But, to your question, SlingPlayer is still on both of mine.

If you’re using a custom theme, it may be that the theme doesn’t support it.  Also, you are looking in the “LIVE TV” tab, right?  Not “SERVICES.”

Did it come back?  I also lost mine, but it just seemed to disappear, not after a firmware update.  I have no Live TV tab anymore.  I’m using the default themes.  I’ve tried changing to others but no luck.

Does anyone no the XML to add the Live TV back into a theme if I have to edit one?

Thanks,

Steve

@chonsp

Try doing a Device Reset.

Setup > System > Device Reset > Reset All Settings Back to Factory Default

Also Check …

Setup > System > Device Security > Parental Control > (Set to OFF)

If Parental Control Set to “ON” it  “Opens Options” to Disable Games, Online Service & Live TV

Great Suggestions. I tried the non-destructive one first. I did not have Parental Controls on, but just to see, I turned it on, and hid all but SlingPlayer: No Live TV Tab on my WD Live Hub. I then did a Device Reset, but asked it to remember my online settings. The reboot, restart sequence was sort of odd, and took a long time (about 10 minutes). I finally powered the device off/on and Live Tv is back. As a failsafe, I added SlingPlayer as a Favorite, so If I press the Favorties button on the remote. I can see SlingPlayer regardless of whether my Live TV is showing. Thanks again.