Slideshow not random shuffled

I have just bought the WD TV Live because it looked like the market leader.

My primary intention was to use it to attach two USB storage drives with about 16000 photos and 5000 tunes to play a random slideshow with random music.

Whilst the mp3s are played randomly, the photos stick to 2-3 months within 10 YEARS!

Having reported this, the techies have asked me to roll back to 1.04.31 - still no joy.

Does anyone/everyone else experience this severe shortcoming? Can anyone recommend a solution?

We’re aware of this issue and we’re working on it.

Brilliant!

Thanks Guy

I have rolled back twice to 1.04.22 and it still limits to appox 3 folders / 5mins.

looking forward to a random show!

Don’t hold your breath. Reading 16,000 images, randomizing them and then starting to play them is probably going to take way longer than you are wiiling to wait.

It is just basic arithmetic, e.g.-

I am willing to wait 15 secs for the images to start playing

16000/15= the WDTV has to process and randomize around is 1067 files/sec. Not going to happen.

Couldnt possibly comment on the files per sec processing power of the WDTV, but if true shuffling is only possible up to 2000 images (as per previous posts), then maybe a random algorithm should be used for image collections over 2000 instead.

I am well aware of the probability of the same pic being shown consecutively, but would prefer to see this occurrence as opposed to NOT seeing 80% of my photo collection.

I am led to believe that the Ipod Shuffle does not actually shuffle, but randomly play tunes! If it’s good enough for Apple, it’s good enough for me!

What are the conditions under which the image shufffle works?

• Under 2000 images?

• All in one directory ?