Sleep Issues

What causes this nas not to sleep and is there a log that would tell me what’s happening (which log file is it)?.

Also, does any network traffice wake it up?  My duo is connected to an eight port switch, would this be a problem?  

/

Hello,

Check out page #57 of the user’s manual for information about how to generate the Log.

http://www.wdc.com/wdproducts/library/UM/ENG/4779-705065.pdf

Those are not the log files.  I am referring to the system files that can be produced under the support setting on the web interface.

thanks for replying.

My first MBLD went never to sleep, tried everything, it crashed after a year and WD replaced it (good service, they even recovered my data). The second one (not sure it was new) showed better behaviour, but even with no users it did not always went to sleep.

Since 6 months now I have a MacBook Air and MBLD never went to sleep again.

I found the reason in the deamon.log (generated under support tab in the MBLD userinterface): My Macbook Air was accessing it every … seconds. I found the setting that should be changed under System Preferences\Energy Saver: tab Power adapter: Wake for WiFi access. unchecked the box. Problem solved.

Maybe this helps?

Hi, It would help if I could find System Preferences. Please, where is it? Dashboard? WD Smartware?

Theo_NL wrote:

My first MBLD went never to sleep, tried everything, it crashed after a year and WD replaced it (good service, they even recovered my data). The second one (not sure it was new) showed better behaviour, but even with no users it did not always went to sleep.

Since 6 months now I have a MacBook Air and MBLD never went to sleep again.

I found the reason in the deamon.log (generated under support tab in the MBLD userinterface): My Macbook Air was accessing it every … seconds. I found the setting that should be changed under System Preferences\Energy Saver: tab Power adapter: Wake for WiFi access. unchecked the box. Problem solved.

Maybe this helps?

Hi Brewster,

the changes i made were in the MacBook in System Preferences, my Mac was accessing the MBLD every … seconds.