Size limitation of Iso-files?

I am unhappy with the lack of support for the playback of BR directories (have to choose the “STREAM” Directory and press “Play”). That’s why I’ve been using “ImgBurn” to create iso files from it. 

Unfortunately, the message “file type not supported. Please see the manual”  appears for some iso’s, that are larger as 30GB …

Is there a size limit on the iso?

As far as I know, there is not a size limit for the Iso.

It is common for ImgBurn to build ISO files that returns the message “file type not supported. Please see the manual”.

The issue is caused by the authoring file structure of the bluray which contains another layer of copy protection.

But why the Xtreamer Sidewinder plays flawless without Problems?

WD uses a Sigma chip; the Xtreamer Sidewinder uses a Realtek chip. I don’t own a Xtreamer Sidewinder. The Realtek chip may be hackable where the Sigma chip is not.   

According to the publicly available specifications for the Sigma chip; the video hardware contained within the Sigma chip conform strictly to the international professional digital video and TV standards. Any deviation from the digital standards; the video will not play.

Try posting the ImgBurn issue on the Afterdawn forums:

http://forums.afterdawn.com/

Regarding to the Playback-Issues-with-M2TS-MPG-MPEG-and-TS-video-files-containing thread; I’ll guess it’s a issue of  failure with included m2ts files contains DTS!? 

You sure about copy protection? When ripping BDs, usually all protections are stripped. When building from that stripped disc, ImgBurn would add it’s own layer of protection, right? I mean, the standard allows for discs without.

The movie industry has realised that the encryption keys can be detected and removed. What they are now doing is copy protection during the authoring process. Unfortunately; most of the guides relating to movie authoring have been removed from sites like Doom9, Afterdawn, Digital Digest, etc.     

I don’t have the article available to quote it. When the encryption keys are removed references to authoring files are removed. Some movies contain authoring to stop playing censored material to pass various country censorship laws. I have seen movies that were ripped and show alternative scenes in movies. Other movies, the ending cut off.

There are many bluray titles appearing on the market that do not contain a main movie m2ts. The movie is in sections and not in chronological order. Wall.E is a prime example. Do a virgin bluray rip of Wall.E and use ImgBurn to make an ISO file. The movie starts playing; it stalls, plays, loses audio and skips sections.

There are a number of bluray re-authoring programs on the market that are supposed to detect the encryption keys removal and re-author the bluray. Some work better than others. I gave up, I play bluray movies from a dedicated movie computer.

That’s not true at all.

With our without encryption, the movie authoring structure remains the same.

The odd authoring such as out-of-sequence M2TS files is contained in PLAYLISTS, which all Bluray players understand.

The playlists survive the decryption process.  So all one needs is a re-muxer that understands playlists (such as TSMuxer) to combine them into a seamless single playlist file.

Any media streamer that understands NATIVE Bluray playlisting will play Wall-E just fine.  

The WD doesn’t play them properly because the WD’s don’t read playlists… they’re just looking at the M2TS files.

I probably don’t know what I’m talking about :)  But I know once when I set ImageBurn to use UDF 2.60, it didn’t work for me when I tried to play it.  But when I set UDF to 2.50 it did work. (unless it was just a coincidence)

It might not have anything to do with your problem though, I don’t know, I just thought I would mention it.  I have little experience in doing this, I followed the Pavtube directions http://www.pavtube.com/guide/create-blu-ray-iso-image-from-commecial-blu-ray-movie.html