Simultaneous HDMI and AV out possible?

I am looking to buy the WDTV Play unit but am trying to (cheaply) overcome a technological limitation that I have. The unit will be connected to an older Samsung TV that only has DVI (HDCP compliant) input or composite. I want the best picture possible so will use DVI - but that leaves me with the issue of getting audio to the TV. Does the WDTV Play allow for simultaneous use of the HDMI and AV outputs? Allowing me to take picture from HDMI to DVI, and audio from the 3.5mm jack to phono inputs? Or can you only use HDMI out or AV but not both at the same time?

If anyone could let me knnow, I’d be grateful. Thanks in advance.

grazza1a wrote:

I am looking to buy the WDTV Play unit but am trying to (cheaply) overcome a technological limitation that I have. The unit will be connected to an older Samsung TV that only has DVI (HDCP compliant) input or composite. I want the best picture possible so will use DVI - but that leaves me with the issue of getting audio to the TV. Does the WDTV Play allow for simultaneous use of the HDMI and AV outputs? Allowing me to take picture from HDMI to DVI, and audio from the 3.5mm jack to phono inputs? Or can you only use HDMI out or AV but not both at the same time?

If anyone could let me knnow, I’d be grateful. Thanks in advance.

Yes it does, at least for the audio, which is what you’re talking about.

You’ll just need to set the audio mode to STEREO.

Excellent and many thanks for the reply :smileyvery-happy: