Simplicity Theme by DeVicious

@ritaben

When you create a folder sheet and your folder is named Movies, and you get a  sheet called Movies.jpg you just move the sheet to the Simplicity Theme folder and remove the .jpg extension so you have a file named Movies

Romantic.jpg become just Romantic            

etc…

2 Likes

colebell wrote:

@ritaben

When you create a folder sheet and your folder is named Movies, and you get a  sheet called Movies.jpg you just move the sheet to the Simplicity Theme folder and remove the .jpg extension so you have a file named Movies

Romantic.jpg become just Romantic            

etc…

Thank you colebell, that did it & gave me a better understanding of linksheets.

Thanks again

Glad to have helped

Can you create linksheets for each tv series season ?

If so how ?

Thanks

Edit : Just found DeVicious’s bundle upgrade pack.

Thanks Dev

I seem to be having a bit of trouble geetting pics to generate, I have it set up like so  ;

http://postimg.org/image/rrxoqyzyl/

But when I click generate them and move on it just says skipped like so ;

http://postimg.org/image/glt6ewhab/

Any idea what I’m doing wrong?

Thank You.

it says skipped but it is generating them anyways, check the destination folder for the movie sheets they are in it

Dev, is that a TG bug? I’ve noticed also that when using the simplicity bundle sometimes the next time I use TG instead of defaulting to Simplicty it goes back to default settings. Soon as I remove the bundle TG will default to the last used template as it should. 

Just wondering… 

i have it too and already reported it back to ThumbGen

I don’t think it will be fixed as the focus is probably on ThumbGen 2

DeVicious wrote:

i have it too and already reported it back to ThumbGen

I don’t think it will be fixed as the focus is probably on ThumbGen 2

Well for me that’s good I’m not the only one. I’ve been having problems and I needed that conformation that it’s NOT my PC.

You see, another program I use has bugs that I have found, but no one believes it’s the program and not somehow my machine.

Thanks!

I have been having both of those issue; TG saying it skipped a file, and sometimes going back to the default template instead of the simplicity template. Since everything has still been working, I just ignored it. Good to know that it is not just my setup though.

-p

ignorance is bliss in this matter

DeVicious wrote:

ignorance is bliss in this matter

I find it to be bliss in about 50% of the matters I deal with, at work and elsewhere. Feining ignorace works pretty well also in the right situations :wink:

-P

DeVicious, great job. Simplicity is my new theme.

I want to use some images in a Folder View, like the 8th and 9th in the topic first page. I separate my movies by genre, each genre in a folder with a small thumbnail (JPG) with art and folder name, but I want to show the folder with another picture, like your series folder. Is this possible? How? What format, size and were they must be?

Thanks…

I am not sure if I understand correctly, if you want a folder sheet there is a ThumbGen profile for movie folder sheets or genre

1 Like

Sorry DeVicious. Now I understand the Thumbgen profiles. All my folders now are exactly I need.

Hi DeVicios

Is the firmware update screen included in your image?  I’m prompted theres a new firmware but its reverting to my previous custom theme i had installed prior to Simplicity.

Regards

You should still get the prompt to update your FW and be able to do so. After you upgrade, if your HUB reverts to a different theme, what happens when you go back into Setup>Appearance>User Interface Themes and choose simplicity again? Are you able to switch themes?

The Simplicity theme works fine with the FW 3.12.13

-P

Hi

Firstly I’m  using a SMP with the usb hack so i know il need to redo this.

My question is does the simplucity theme have the new firmware screen customised, or does it rely in the built in one to show through a. if the curfent theme doesnt have something it just uses the inbuilt one.

Inside the simplicity theme folder exists another folder “image”  inside it there is an image for fw updates. 

The photo above is what you should see if fw is new and the option to detect it is on even if the new fw is on a thumb drive.

Thats what i see yes, but that looks like from DeVicious old theme, with the blocks going down from top to bottom, if doesn’t fit in with the new Simplicity theme. I wondered if DeVicious had missed that screen when creating the Simplicity theme.

Lets see if DeVicious can comment on this :slight_smile: